[caption id="attachment_2235" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The CarmelFest crowd gathered together for great music!"][/caption]
Located just north of Indy, Hamilton Countyâ€™s 8 Great Towns are filled with their own sense of history, personality â€“ and celebrations! See below for a variety of fun 4th of July festivities happening in the county this summer:
- Fishers Freedom Festival: For two days in June, the streets of Fishers are filled with families, friends and fun. Music, food, parades and FIREWORKS are all apart of this annual event. Free admission, parking is $2. The 2010 dates are June 26-27.
- CarmelFest: The annual CarmelFest celebration offers live entertainment, a Kid Zone with rides, music on several stages, arts and crafts vendors â€“ and TONS Of FOOD. One of the great traditions of CarmelFest each year is wonderful Forth of July Parade, and this yearâ€™s parade will be a break from tradition, and be held on Monday, July 5th, 2010. CarmelFest is held at 1 Civic Center, Carmel, Indiana on the July 4-5.
- Sheridan Sesquicentennial: The Town of Sheridan turns 150 this year, and to celebrate, the town is throwing a weeklong party! Head to downtown Sheridan, Indiana June 25th through July Forth and join in on all the fanfare. From street dancing to bluegrass, Boxley Cabin tours to a parade and fireworks, there are so many things to enjoy!
[caption id="attachment_2236" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Conner Prairie- Glorious Fourth"]
- Glorious Fourth: Travel back in time to 19th Century Indiana, and experience how this great American holiday was celebrated in the 1800s. Conner Prairie Interactive History Park is hosting their annual red, white and blue weekend filled with patriotic feasts, games, balloon rides, music, and fireworks. Friday and Saturday, July 2 & 3, 10 a.m. â€“ 5 p.m.; Sunday, July 4, 11 a.m. â€“ 5 p.m.
- Lights Over Morse Lake Festival: Lights Over Morse Lake, July fourth Festival draws thousands to Cicero, Indiana. The festival includes music festival, kids carnival, talent show and, of course, fireworks! The Indiana Transportation Museum helps with the rest by providing transportation via the "Lights Over Morse Lake Celebration Trains" on July 2nd and 3rd and the Fourth of July "Fireworks Train!"
- Westfield Rocks the 4th: Westfield Rocks the 4th is the first annual Westfield Fourth of July festival. The event will take place at Asa Bales Park and spill into the Westfield High School parking lots. The day will feature a Battle of the Bands, cars and motorcycles show, and of course, delicious food!
-Written by Heui-la Yang, Tourism Development Intern
- Noblesville July 4th Parade and Fireworks: The Noblesville Fireworks Festival Committee is proud to present the 14th Annual Parade and Fireworks Festival on Sunday, July 4th. The parade will begin at 5pm at the corner of 16th and Harrison Streets in downtown Noblesville. Then, the free Fireworks Festival will be held from 6 â€“ 10 p.m. on the grounds of Noblesville High School, and grand finale of the evening will be the exciting fireworks display at approximately 10 p.m.Â