If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
"A new exhibit, G.I. Jive: The Music of World War II, opens Sunday at the Palladium in Carmel, Indiana"
- Visit the Harvest Moon Festival at Biddle Park in Sheridan, Indiana. On Saturday and Sunday, enjoy food, arts and crafts, and the Great Pumpkin Chuck!
- Let your kids pick out the perfect pumpkin. Buy tickets for the Pumpkin Train and let them pick their own pumpkin right out of the patch. The pumpkin train runs on Saturdays and Sundays, October 1-23. But hurry, this popular train sells out!
- See the opening of the exhibit G.I. Jive: The Music of World War II, Sunday at 3 p.m., in the Great American Songbook Gallery at the Palladium at The Center for the Performing Arts. Cost: $100. Proceeds benefit the USO of Indiana & The Michael Feinstein Foundation.
- Hear ye! Hear ye! The Queen commands you to join in the fun and revelry of the Fishers Renaissance Faire. See armed combat demos, roving comedies, parades, costumed characters Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., rain or shine, at the Saxony development in Fishers, Indiana. Click here for ticket information.
- At the 12th Annual Potters Bridge Fall Festival, you can listen to live music, visit the arts and crafts booths and enjoy the beautiful scenery all at Potter's Bridge Park in Noblesville, Indiana. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cost: Free.
- Have a ghoulishly good time as you listen to ghostly tales on the Howling Haunted Hamilton County Bus Tour. Seating is limited, so hurry and make your reservation. Cost: $42.50.
- See who wins the "big" race at the Westfield Grand Junction Derby on South Union Street in Westfield, Indiana. Gravity powered, homemade derby cars compete in Westfield's wacky version of the Indianapolis 500. Race time: Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Start planning your special wedding day at the Hamilton County Fall Bridal Show at Conner Prairie, Sunday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at VisitHamiltonCounty.com.
Related Categories: 8 Great Towns, Indiana Fall Fun, Things To Do Indiana