- Visitor Info
- Things to Do
- Blog - Real Stories, Real Experiences
- Meetings & Groups
- Sports Authority
you have (0) items in your itinerary!
Feb 28, 2013 by Hamilton County Tourism
From shopping to fine local art and everything in between, there's plenty to do and see this weekend in Hamilton County! Sample Hoosier delicacies, check out our new mobile site and more. Read on for great ideas and check our online calendar for even more!
1. Stop by Noblesville to see fine local art. On Friday, Nickel Plate Arts will be hosting their First Friday Open House from 5-8pm. Stop in to mingle and see their current exhibit: Love, Lust & Poetry. Also pop in the Hamilton County Art Association's opening of their "Spring into Spring" exhibit on Friday from 6- 8:30pm.
2. Spend the day or evening at Clay Terrace. Enjoy shopping for everything from sporting goods to the latest fashion. Then pause for a re-fueling break at a restaurant like Mo's- A Place for Steaks, Mitchell's Fish Market, or another great restaurant. Finish the day with a performance at the Carmel Community Playhouse where Steel Magnolias is opening this weekend.
3. Want to try something that is uniquely Hoosier? Sink your teeth into a breaded tenderloin from one of the restaurants on our Tenderloin Trail. Finish with another Hoosier delight, sugar cream pie. Lisa's Pie Shop offers one of the best in the state. If you agree, go vote for Lisa's in the Indy A-List My Sugar Pie Showdown!
4. Plan to perfect your drawing skills at Nickel Plate Art's upcoming Open Drawing Classes. The classes begin on Monday and will be every Monday until June 24. Best of all? Each class is only $3 and materials are provided!
5. On-the-go? Bookmark our brand new mobile website on your phone! Our mobile site has all the quick information you need like finding restaurants, shops, deals and more. Best of all, you can now see what's near to you by clicking the "Nearby" button.
6. Plan to attend an upcoming performance at the Center for the Performing Arts. The line up for this month includes everything from illusionists to a performance featuring Michael Feinstein himself! See the schedule and purchase tickets on the Center's website.
7. The Winter Market at the Carmel City Center only has 5 more events until it closes for the season! Don't miss out on loose-leaf tea, baked goods, fresh eggs, food vendors and more. The market is on Saturdays until March 30 from 9 am- noon.
8. Are you beginning to plan a spring break trip? Consider a family adventure to Hamilton County! Enjoy attractions like Conner Prairie and Ben & Ari's in Fishers, train rides with the Indiana Transportation Museum and Laser Flash in Carmel. To save some dough, check our special offers page for coupons and discounts that can be used during your trip!
Accredited by the Destination Marketing Association Program (DMAP) of the Destination Marketing Association International.
37 E. Main Street
Carmel, IN 46032