- Visitor Info
- Things to Do
- Vacation Ideas
- Meetings & Groups
- Sports Authority
you have (0) items in your itinerary!
Aug 01, 2013 by Hamilton County CVB
Fresh food and sweets, tons of fun cultural events in Noblesville, live music and the start of the Indiana Transportation Museum's FairTrain. Whew, what a great weekend it will be here in Hamilton County, and what a fantastic time to visit! Read on for those ideas and more and check our online calendar of things to do too.
1. Kick off the weekend in Noblesville with the Noblesville Main Street Produce Market that will once again take over the alley just south of the Courthouse Square. Not only will there be many local vendors, but live music and ideas for how to take your food from farm to fork. Also check out other markets on Friday evening and Saturday morning in Hamilton County.
2. Enjoy live music at a great summery outdoor venue. Catch Indy Jazz Fest on the Prairie this Friday and Saturday nights. Bring your own picnic and seating for a fun date night or family outing. Or see one (or more!) of the three amazing shows at Klipsch Music Center this weekend.
3. This weekend in Noblesville is so packed with things to do, that we're awarding it TWO numbers on our list! Firstly, it's First Friday. This month's event will be a prevue party for Saturday's Million Dollar Duck Race. During the race, participants will watch their rubber ducks race down White River to see which one crosses the finish line first!
4. Also in Noblesville this weekend are plenty of opportunities to enjoy arts and culture. Start with the 20th annual Shakespeare in the Park on August 1-3. Live performances of Shakespeare's famed "Romeo and Juliet" begin at 8:30 each night. Then on Friday, Nickel Plate Arts will host a First Friday open house and preview party for Art Fair on the Square. Saturday you won't want to miss Art Fair on the Square where local artists will be showing off their work from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. You can also stop by the Hamilton County Historical Society during the art fair for tours and giveaways to celebrate their 50th Anniversary! Whew that's a lot, but it will make for a great weekend to visit Noblesville!
5. Love airplanes? See and enjoy them this weekend for a great cause at the 7th Annual Down Syndrome Indiana Open House/Fly-In this Saturday. The Indy Exec Airport will open its doors for visitors to enjoy everything from a magic show to and aircraft candy drop.
6. Before summer ends, treat yourself and the kiddos to something sweet! Try cooling off with ice cream, tasting a unique cupcake flavor, or picking out candies. Here's a list of all things sweet.
7. Enjoy a spooky history lesson this weekend with an Unseen Press ghost walk. Friday explore the history of Westfield including its connections to the Underground Railroad. Or head to Noblesville Saturday to learn about the courthouse square and the businesses that have surrounded it throughout the years.
8. Last but not least, the Indiana State Fair begins tomorrow, which means it's also time for the Indiana Transportation Museum FairTrain! This annual event allows visitors to skip parking at the fairgrounds and arrive to the State Fair in style on a historic train! There are round trips to and from the Fishers Train Station beginning at 8:45 a.m. each day of the fair. Check ITM.org for full details and timetable.
Would you like a chance to ride the FairTrain? Comment on this blog post and share your favorite thing about the Indiana State Fair or what you'd like to see if you've never been. We'll pick 2 lucky winners to each receive a 4 pack of tickets for the Indiana Transportation Museum FairTrain!
Entries must be in by 2 p.m. on Friday, August 2. Winners will be announced via social media and contacted via the email address they supply.
This contest is now closed, congratulations to the winners Hilary and Lauren! Enjoy riding the FairTrain!
Aug 02, 2013 by: Lori
I went to the State Fair a couple years back for the first time. My favorite part was seeing baby farm animals! Made me smile! :D
Aug 01, 2013 by: Sara Daggy
Our favorite tradition is always getting an orange/lemon shakeup, getting a funnel cake, and walking around to see all the cool exhibits, especially the special events.
Aug 01, 2013 by: Hillary
My favorite part of the fair is the swine barn and all the food!
Aug 01, 2013 by: Diane J
Love Fair Food - diary bar, pork tent, corn dogs! Also great seeing the animals.
Aug 01, 2013 by: Brooke Howe
Our family loves to go to the fair each year. We love walking around and eating all the yummy foods! The little ones enjoy seeing the animals and we are super excited for the Kiddie land area this year! :)
Aug 01, 2013 by: Rebecca Luebcke
My favorite thing at the fair is the Dairy Bar! Couldn't be happier than eating a grilled cheese and drinking a chocolate milkshake while walking around the greatest state fair in the world!
Aug 01, 2013 by: Michael E Kobrowski
Obviously my favorite things are the historic farming display/people in historic outfits and the possibility to be close to (or in past years inside) the haunted Pepsi Coliseum. Oh, and of course the food.
Aug 01, 2013 by: Marc
I love getting to see the Naptown Roller Girls at an entirely different venue while eating copious amounts of fried food.
Aug 01, 2013 by: Shawn
I love going to the state fair and just walking around. Seeing so many people together enjoying a youth-centric event is great. Seeing what the kids create is very impressive.
Aug 01, 2013 by: Lauren
My favorite thing about the fair is the fried oreos and the rides and concerts. But this year we will be taking my one year old son for the first time so we will be checking out the animals!
Accredited by the Destination Marketing Association Program (DMAP) of the Destination Marketing Association International.
37 E. Main Street
Carmel, IN 46032