- Visitor Info
- Things to Do
- Vacation Ideas
- Meetings & Groups
- Sports Authority
you have (0) items in your itinerary!
Aug 29, 2013 by Hamilton County CVB
Labor Day Weekend is here! It's the end of summer, but that doesn't mean it's the end of fun times. Below you'll find ideas for having great time this weekend in Hamilton County including live music, places to grab fresh food, and much more. For even more weekend getaway ideas, look at what our online calendar has to offer.
1. Set out a picnic and savor the last sounds of summer wafting through the air at an outdoor concert. Grab tickets for the popular Classical Mystery Tour: Music of the Beatles that will run for three nights at Conner Prairie's Symphony on the Prairie or go to the Friday After Dark Concert in Fishers. On Saturday, local band Zanna-Doo will perform for Concert in the Park at Saxony at 6:30 p.m.
2. Big name acts are also making appearances in Hamilton County this weekend! On Saturday Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Smokey Robinson will light up the Palladium stage. On Labor Day, international stars Mumford & Sons will play to a sold-out crowd at Klipsch Music Center.
3. Visiting Hamilton County or have friends who are for the weekend? Make sure to take a trip to Conner Prairie! The "TreeHouses: Look Who's Living in the Trees!" exhibit will only be around until September 8, be sure to check it out. On Sunday or Monday, take the opportunity to learn how to load and fire a reproduction Civil War musket during "Bang!" or take the kiddos to the River Crossing Play Area before it closes after Labor Day. Also coming this Sunday is the opening of the Apple Store! Stop in for tasty apple-y treats through September and October.
4. Head to Cicero on Labor Day for the annual Red Bridge Rod Run (say that 10 times fast)! Well over 100 vintage cars from around the state will be parked in Red Bridge Park for guests to see. There will also be live music, food, and prizes for the best rides.
5. Hit up a farmers market for fresh, local goodies to enjoy this weekend. Thursday brings the Noblesville Produce Market and the Westfield Market is on Friday afternoons. Saturday morning you can take your pick from the Fishers, Carmel, Saxony or Noblesville markets!
6. Soak up some sun and splash around while you still can! The Waterpark at the Monon Community Center will be open only through Labor Day. Don't miss the chance to float in the lazy river or try surfing on the FlowRider! Or visit the Forest Park Aquatic Center's Olympic-sized pool and play areas.
7. Golf enthusiasts, rejoice. Hamilton County has some of the best courses around, so take advantage of them! Call a course to schedule a tee time for the weekend, it's going to be a popular one. Or while at a gathering this weekend, begin planning the perfect golf getaway with family or friends. Stay & Play packages are a great way to fit in as much golf as possible during your trip!
8. Kick off Labor Day weekend by treating yourself to a special meal at J. Hamman Prime (formerly Mo's a Place for Steaks). Thursdays are $5 martini nights and Fridays bring half price wine night- both great pairs with their re-vamped steakhouse menu. What a great way to kick off a weekend of fun and relaxation!
Want to make the long weekend even better? Enter to WIN a $50 to J. Hamman Prime! Just comment on this blog post with what you plan to do this Labor Day Weekend in Hamilton County. (If you won't be here, tell us what you would do if you were!) We'll pick 1 commenter to win a $50 gift card to J. Hamman Prime.
Entries must be in by 2 p.m. on Friday, August 30. The winner will be announced via social media and contacted via the email address they supply.
This contest is now closed, congrats to the winner, Karen! Enjoy your meal at J. Hamman Prime.
Aug 30, 2013 by: Kristen
My husband and I will be spending time with family this Labor Day! It'll be our 4.5 month-old son's first Labor Day so he is in high-demand! haha! Can't wait to spend some nice time off with family and relax!
Aug 30, 2013 by: April
We are keeping it low key this weekend. Recovering from my son's hectic football schedule, being sick, and Him getting used to school. We will clean out our closets, cookout with friends on Saturday and shopping on Sunday.
Aug 30, 2013 by: Diane J
So looking forward to this weekend! Fishers Famers Market (I'm out of honey and they have the BEST!) lots of great items to pick up while I'm there. Conner Prairie, movie, pool, golf, cookout, family time.
Aug 30, 2013 by: Karen
Friends, libations, yummy food and laughter!!
Aug 29, 2013 by: Leah G
I'm going to take some walks with my husband and son through Forest Park, to Alexander's on the Square, and on the White River Greenway up to Potter's Bridge! and take some naps too, hopefully :)
Aug 29, 2013 by: Elizabeth
Get breakfast at Bub's Cafe then stroll along the Monon until I feel like getting a beer at Upland!
Aug 29, 2013 by: Carrie
I'm hoping to have a nice long ride on The Monon Trail with my husband!
Aug 29, 2013 by: April R.
Bike ride on the Monon with the family to the Carmel Farmers Market Saturday morning, then lunch at Buds. Take the kids to the pool for one last summer swim.
Aug 29, 2013 by: Rob
Shopping at Clay Terrace
Aug 29, 2013 by: Michael Kobrowski
I will visit the YMCA in Fishers and of course go on our Ghost Walk in Westfield :-)
Aug 29, 2013 by: Marc Roden
I'd be running the Monon in the morning to avoid the heat!
Aug 29, 2013 by: joanna
We'll be boating in Labor Day! Still looking for plans for teh rest of the weekend, and I'd love to try J Hammon Prime, since I work right above it!
Aug 29, 2013 by: Christine Jable
Labor Fest... my first time partying on Georgia Street.
Accredited by the Destination Marketing Association Program (DMAP) of the Destination Marketing Association International.
37 E. Main Street
Carmel, IN 46032