The Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. collects information from site users when users complete any request and/or contest forms at VisitHamiltonCounty.com or other domains point the Hamilton County Tourism site. When registering on VisitHamiltonCounty.com, as appropriate, guests may be asked to enter the following information:
- Travel Interests
Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. collects user information to better inform the end user/requestor of things to do that fit their interests to assist with trip planning to Hamilton County, Indiana.
We collect demographic date from Google's Interest-basedadvertising with Google Analytics. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Setting.
Use of Information
The information collected by Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. will be used in the following ways:
- To send 6-12 emails per year relating to Hamilton County, Indiana travel ideas, promotions and contests.
- To improve the web site.
- The information collected is for the use of only the Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. The information will NOT be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to other companies for any reason whatsoever.
- Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. will disclose information to a trusted third party who assists in conducting research annually. There is always an opt out option for the user.
- If at any time the user would like to stop receiving email from HamiltonCountyTowns.com, we include a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email. By following this link the user will automatically be removed from the promotions list.
- Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. maintains the list management. - Contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
- Contests and giveaways are in no way sponsored or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. reserves the right to terminate or declare any contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or non-intentionally by any person whether or not a contestant in the contest.
Contests/Enter to Win
Site users/visitors to VisitHamiltonCounty.com will have the opportunity enter to win various prizes based on promotions. Giveaways and contests will be held on the website and/ or social media sites. No fee or purchase from Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. is necessary to win any of the contests. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
Who Can Enter:
- Contests are open to all residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age or older.
- Employees and families of contest partners, Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. staff and the advertising agency of choice are not eligible to enter or win contests.
Entering and prizes:
- Unless otherwise noted, one entry is allowed per person during each promotional contest on the website or on social media. No single individual is allowed to win more than one contest per month.
- Unless otherwise noted, the winners will be drawn at random.
- Winners will be notified via the platform on which they entered the contest (Twitter, Facebook, email, etc.) and be told when and where the prize may be claimed. The selected potential winner must respond to the prize winning notification within the specified range of time noted at the time of the contest in order to claim the prize. Otherwise the prize will be automatically forfeited.
- Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of internet or phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from entry, participation or prize claim.
- Prize values range per giveaway. Prizes are non-negotiable, cannot be switched, or redeemed for cash. Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. is not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for concerts or events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed. Nor is Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any partners connected with this competition.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to make any required reservations while redeeming any gift certificates. Other expenses while traveling to and within Hamilton County, Indiana are the responsibility of the winner. This includes but is not limited to any lodging tax and sales tax incurred while using hotel prize certificates currently a 7% sales tax and a 5% lodging tax based on the value of the hotel room.
Indiana Tax Bulletin 41
Information Bulletin #10
- The winner releases Hamilton County Tourism, Inc., its employees, including without limitation their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize. By accepting any prize, the winner acknowledges responsibility for tax associated with the prize and agrees to provide Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. with any information necessary for tax reporting purposes upon request.
- For photo and Instagram contests, Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. does not claim any ownership rights in photos that are posted on our Facebook “wall,” tweeted directly to Hamilton County Tourism, Inc.’s account or hashtagged with the specified contest tag. However, by sharing a picture, either through Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram the enterer hereby grants Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, the photo, including without limitation in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts. One can revoke this license at any time by contacting the Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. marketing department with any wishes to have the photo removed.
Hamilton County, INdiana travel, food, wine, festivals, events, shopping, attractions, hotels and more are discussed on the Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. blog. Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. recognizes these topics are important to many people, and comments are invited. We are open to both positive and negative opinions. It is our policy to delete blatant personal attacks, profanity, unsolicited advertisements or extremely inappropriate comments.
Throughout the VisitHamiltonCounty.com site and occasionally in emails, links to third party (partners) websites are available to the user. These third party sites have separate privacy policies and are independent of Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. Once the user leaves VisitHamiltonCounty.com, Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. is not responsible or liable for the content and activities of these linked sites.