The gift of time is priceless. This year, have fun with your dad in Hamilton County, Indiana.
1. Spend some quali "tee" time on the golf course. Make a reservation at one of Hamilton County's premiere golf courses. Take on the par-72 championship course at Plum Creek Golf Club, designed by acclaimed golf architect Pete Dye, or one of other challenging courses. As a bonus for dad, buy a Stay and Play package so he can come back and play again.
2. Be a part of history at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park. Check out the new outdoor experience 1863 Civil War Journey: Raid on Indiana and "enlist" with dad to protect the state from Confederate soldiers. Dads receive a $3 discount on general admission this weekend.
3. On Sunday, climb aboard the Dad's Day Train. Board the train in downtown Noblesville and take a short ride to Forest Park for the annual Central Indiana Vintage Vehicle car show. Cost for train ride: $5 per person over 2.
4. Have a ball at Pinheads in Fishers, Indiana. Dads bowl for free on Father's Day with at least one paying customer.
5. If Dad is into jazz, take him to the free Jazz on the Monon concert, Saturday at 6 p.m., featuring Heather Ramsey. Or if dixieland tunes are more his style, on Sunday afternoon stop by the Hedgehog Music Showcase in Arcadia, Indiana, to see Sunset Stomp Jazz. Of course, many dads just want to kick back and relax, so a hearty meal at one of our Chow Town restaurants may be all Dad needs to feel appreciated. Choose from award-winning barbecue at Big Hoffa's BBQ in Westfield, Indiana, to fine dining at Peterson's in Fishers and everything in between. Those are some of our ideas for what to do this weekend. What are your plans for the special dad in your life?