In Hamilton County we are SUPER Excited to welcome all of the fans staying in our 8 Great Towns for the Big Game. However, we realize that visitors and locals may want a break from the football hype and tailgate atmosphere. Fear not, there is still plenty to do and see throughout Hamilton County!
1. Head to Noblesville's hidden gem, The Ruby Pear Tea Parlor, for a fancier type of tailgate luncheon. The Touchdown High Tea is on February 4 and offers two menus that definitely do NOT include hot dogs and chips!
2. Big Game=Big Sales at local shops! Head to the Carmel Arts & Design District for 20% of all non-sale items at 14 District's Big Game Sale. Next, make your way to Noblesville's Historic Square for Logan Village Mall's Super Sale-abration that offers mall-wide sales at different vendors.
3. The Winter Market will take place from 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. in the Carmel City Center every Saturday until March 17 and this Saturday is no exception. The Winter Market will be Big Game themed and have everything you need to put together a spread, whether it is for a tailgate or not!
4.The famed Bub's Burgers and Ice Cream in Carmel will have live, family friendly entertainment on Friday and Saturday night that will keep you busy while you wait to feast on a Big Ugly Burger. Shane Rodimal will perform Friday night and Drew Taylor will perform on Saturday.
5. Having just celebrated their 10th anniversary, Gallery 116 will be offering various classes over the weekend for you to learn how to make your own special mementos. Classes include: Collage making, Rosette making, travel journal, vintage memory tray, and mixed media.
6. Take advantage of the milder than usual weather and explore a Hamilton County Park, hit the Monon Trail, or check with one of the Hamilton County premier golf courses to see if they have tee times available. There is also a special Cache the Big Game geocache series that will have your family on the hunt throughout Hamilton County for codes to submit to win a commemorative pathtag!
7. Has Hamilton County's super excited look inspired you? Make an appointment at a local salon like Chateau Bijou Salon & Spa or Dream Weaver Salon & Day Spa to get your own fabulous new ‘do or a relaxing facial.
8. Discover the rich history of Hamilton County. The Westfield-Washington Historical Society & Museum is open by appointment and every Saturday 11 am - 3 pm. The museum showcases the local involvement in the Underground Railroad. Discover another famous abolitionist area by visiting the Sheridan Historical Society Museum and Boxley Cabin to learn about one of the first abolitionist settlers in the area, George Boxley.
If you ARE looking for some information about the Big Game, please refer to our Big Game page!