Summer is in full swing, and so are the happenings in Hamilton County, Indiana! Read on for great ways to spend your summer.
1. Spend your Saturday mornings browsing the many large farmers markets in Hamilton County. Fishers, Noblesville, and Carmel markets all start at 8:00am. Or stock up during the week at the Westfield or Noblesville produce markets. All are free to enter! On top of that, some nearby restaurants use their location to take advantage of these local farms. Both Rosie's Place and The Local Eatery cook up a variety of delicious dishes made from homegrown produce.
2. Cool off in the water! Take a ride in a kayak along the White River or visit the Olympic-sized pool and splash park at Forest Park Acquatic Center. Families can enjoy outdoor fun at the Monon Waterpark. People of all ages can enjoy the lazy river, adventure slides, and wave pool. Hang out of the shore of Morse Beach, open for swimming and fishing.
3. Come get hands-on with history at Conner Prairie. Everyone will enjoy learning to load and fire an 1800s-era musket at the Civil War Journey. The new Nature Walk is a 2/3-mile long hike bursting with critters and plants to observe. At the exciting indoor exhibit, TreeHouses: Look Who's Living in the Trees, you can climb in 2,000 square feet of tree houses while learning about the humans and animals that use trees.
4. Plan an excursion on an historical train from the Indiana Transportation Museum for the family, a date, or just a relaxing ride. The Jeffersonian and Blue Arrow offer nice rides with delicious buffets in between legs of the trip. A Caboose or Hoosierland trip allows for a stroll through downtown Noblesville or Forest Park before heading home.
5. Save money on gas, be green, and get fit with the new bike trails throughout Hamilton County! Stop first at Carmel Cyclery for bike rentals, and then hit the trails. The cities of Westfield and Carmel have developed an array of biking paths for every experience level, with features in place to ensure a safe riding experience. Whether you have all day or just an evening, these trails are perfect for exercise and a fun way to experience the city.
6. Golfers, visit a whole assortment of courses boasting wonderful design and Midwest hospitality! Check out Purgatory Golf Club's gorgeous landscapes or head to Prairie View Golf Club, a top-rated course reminiscent of the east coast. With holes inside and outside the Speedway, Brickyard Crossing Golf Course is one-of-a-kind. Hamilton County makes it easy and affordable to discover several of these world-class courses in one trip by providing convenient Stay & Play Packages.
7. Spend your evenings listening to music! Hamilton County has many venues with line-ups you'll want to be sure to check out. Almost every day there is a free concert in a local community park. Klipsch Music Center, Hamilton County's premier outdoor amphitheater, celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. This summer features Tim McGraw, Zac Brown Band, Rascal Flatts, and other bands you won't want to miss! The Center for the Performing Arts is hosting a range of dancers, classical musicians, and artists from across the globe.
8. Attend a festival! Check out art vendors at the Fishers Freedom Festival on June 29-30 while celebrating with music, food, and parades. In Noblesville, bring the family to a night of music and food in the square for the Street Dance on July 13. Join the annual Art of Wine event in the Carmel Arts and Design District on July 20.
Spend your summer out in the community and enjoy all the activities the warm weather brings to Hamilton County! For even more ideas for a Hamilton County getaway, check out our calendar of events.
What's your favorite thing to do in Hamilton County during summertime?