Spring Break doesn't mean you have to drive for miles and miles to the beach, you can have fun right here in Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns! There are plenty of things to do, Chowtown delicacies to try, and events to take part in. For even more things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our calendar of events.
1. Now that Spring seems to be in full swing, it's the wonderful time of year again when Conner Prairie Interactive History Park re-opens its grounds for the season. The Opening Weekend is this Saturday and Sunday will feature lots of great events like the Amazing Race Through Time, a competition that includes physical and mental challenges across all five themed outdoor areas. Also April is animal month, so take time to enjoy all of the new baby animals that will be making their first appearances this Spring!
2. Although some canoes have already hit the water, White River Canoe Company is celebrating its Opening Day on Saturday. They offer canoes, tubes, and kayaks and have varying trip lengths to choose from- what a great family activity! Rita's Backyard Garden Center & Tea Room will be opening both the gift shop and the tea room this week. It's the perfect stop for lunch and shopping with a group of girlfriends!
3. The Indiana Artisan Marketplace is finally here! Recognized artisans from all over the state, including Herbal Arts and Tabby Tree Weaver from Hamilton County, will exhibit and sell their handcrafted items.
4. Have the kids grab a group of friends and head to Laser Flash in Carmel for one of their weeknight deals that are sure to cure boredom and get everyone moving! They even have a special for Spring Break- "Free Play" Thursday!
5. Get a head start on your egg hunting and Easter plans! Westfield will be hosting its Easter egg hunt on Saturday that promises to have plenty of eggs for the little ones to locate. Now is also a great time to make those reservations for a special Easter meal at a Hamilton County restaurant. Rita's Tea Room will be holding an Easter Brunch and the Ritz Charles will also host an Easter Brunch.
6. Show your family dog some extra love and take them on their own mini vacation. Parade-a-Bull is this weekend at the Monon Community Center & Central Park. It's a celebration of pups where there will be booths and a parade along the Monon Trail. If Fido is craving more outdoor activity, head to a local park like Cool Creek Park or Forest Park.
7. Gather up some friends and family for a nice meal in a local dining spot. From American to Italian there's always a new Chowtown restaurant to try! If you'd rather stay in or if you've found a Chowtown dish that you can't live without, try a Chowtown Tastes recipe to recreate some favorites!
8. Take advantage of one of Hamilton County Convention and Visitors Bureau's many special offers! There are deals and coupons for everything from miniature golf at Ben & Ari's to a free cupcake at Gigi's Cupcakes to a special deal at Strawtown Pottery. Whether you're having a staycation or you're visiting Hamilton County, saving money is always a great idea!