Mom deserves the best for Mother's Day right? Treat her to a trip to, a bite to eat in, or a gift from Hamilton County! We've compiled ideas that are sure to make mom smile this Mother's Day. Many of the events below require reservations, so don't forget to make them!
1. If your mom loves tea and gardening, Rita's Backyard Garden Center & Tea Room is the place for her. They are holding a Mother's Day Brunch at 11 a.m. right in their own finished barn. The brunch offers tasty selections and tea of course!
2. For moms who prefer a more formal tea, the historic R.L. Wilson House Mother's Day Tea will do the trick. Enjoy chatting with mom at an elegant table with fresh flowers. A five-course tea will be presented along with special tea pairings for each course. A delicious dessert from Heavenly Sweets will be an elegant finish to this tea fit for a queen (aka mom)!
3. Let mom ride in style on La Bella Donna train presented by the Indiana Transportation Museum! Treat mom to a train ride from Noblesville to Tipton where you can enjoy the Mother's Day buffet at the Elk's Club before returning back. Moms will also receive a lovely long stem rose during the train journey.
4. Does your mom love history? Conner Prairie is hosting special Mother's Day events including their annual Mother's Day Heirloom Plant Sale. Special varieties of veggie, flower, tomato, and herb plants will be available for purchase May 10-12. If you also plan to enter Conner Prairie during Mother's Day weekend, there will be special activities like helping a Civil War soldier send a letter to his mother, making family trees and much more!
5. For a traditional Mother's Day brunch with a twist, head to Mo's A Place for Steaks at Clay Terrace Mall. They will have several culinary stations in addition to a Bloody Mary bar. There are also special offerings for kiddos too.
6. Treat mom to a toe-tapping good time at the Mother's Day Show at the Hedgehog Music Showcase. Thom Bresh, a singer-song writer- guitarist- impressionist-entertainer extraordinaire will perform live. He's the type of performer you'd expect to see at the Opry in Nashville, but you'll be able to see him in the intimate setting of the Hedgehog!
7. Take mom to the Second Saturday Gallery Walk if she enjoys art. This month's walk includes special Mother's Day offerings at Soori Gallery and special exhibits at Magdalena Gallery, Eye on Art, and Renaissance Fine Art & Design. There will also be a chance to paint your own masterpiece and participate in a fun scavenger hunt!
8. Hit up a local Hamilton County shop for a special gift or treat for mom. Gallery 116 has everything from jewelry to local art, mix a special blend of her favorite scents at Bath Junkie, or browse for a unique vintage find at A Corner Cottage. Or if your mom has a sweet tooth, treat her to a cupcake from a local bakery! Even more ideas can be found on our shopping page.