If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Meet up with animals from the past, present and future during Ritchey Woods' Christmas Carol-inspired Halloween Hikes. Gather round the campfire, make a craft and have a "ghoulishy" good time on Friday, 7 to 10 p.m. and Saturday 6 to 9 p.m. Reservations required.
2. Prepare to be scared silly during opening weekend of Headless Horseman at Conner Prairie. Gates open 6 to 9 p.m. for this annual fall favorite.
3. Be amazed by the martial arts, illusion and acrobatics of the National Acrobats of China. Their Sunday night performance at The Center for the Performing Arts is one of the stops on their inaugural tour of the U.S.
4. Celebrate Oktoberfest with food, door prizes and entertainment, including one of the area's favorite bands, Polkaboy. Join in the fun Friday night, 5 to 10 p.m., on Merchants Square in Carmel, Indiana.
6. Try delicious ethnic cuisine from unique Indiana restaurants. For a taste of Cajun, try Mudbugs, for Greek food, visit Cooking Greek Deli and for authentic Mexican fare, meet up at Queso Blanco in Westfield, Indiana.
7. Explore the new exhibits at The Museum of Miniature Houses. See the tin dollhouses, Russian lacquer boxes and more.
8. Remember times gone by at the Carmel Old Town Antique Mall. Their window display features antique bubble-gum machines, and there are more fun discoveries inside where 70+ vendors display treasures from the past. *For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com.