Looking for things to do during your stay in Hamilton County, Indiana? We've got large and small events going on year round! Here's a great list of upcoming events to add to your summer calendar. For even more things to do in Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns, visit our calendar of events.
1. Become immersed in history during Civil War Days at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park. On both May 19 and 20, reenactors will recreate a 1860s battle and visitors will have the chance to learn about the war from both the Union and Confederate sides.
2. The ever-increasing list of summer concerts at Klipsch Music Center is sure to have at least one show that you'd love to attend! The lineup ranges from country super starts like the Rascal Flatts to rock icons like Kiss and Motley Crue. Check here for a complete concert list that's updated as new shows are announced. Also, if you'd like the chance to WIN Brad Paisley tickets- enter our contest!
3. From May 28- June 3, the My Marsh Golf Classic will take over the Hawthorns Golf and Country Club in Fishers. The tournament is part of the Symetra Tour where professional women golfers from around the world compete to qualify to earn their LPGA Tour Card. It will be a great time for families and golf enthusiasts to see great golfers in action!
4. Join artists and art lovers at Nickel Plate Arts Weekend from June 1-3. This multi community event will bring together artists in Eastern Hamilton County for a weekend packed with activities like the Hamilton County Artist Association Plein Air Paint Out and a preview of the new Nickel Plate Arts Judge Stone House.
5. This mid-July festival is sure to heat up the stage with bluegrass tunes! The Sheridan Bluegrass Fever has two days of fun. On day one three bluegrass bands will perform into the night. On day two there will be workshops and performances galore! It's a must attend for any bluegrass lover.
6. All aboard! The WFMS FairTrain is a local favorite run by the Indiana Transportation Museum during the Indiana State Fair in August. The train transports visitors from the Fishers Train Station to the Indiana State Fairgrounds daily beginning at 8:30 a.m.
7. The 2012 BMW Championship is coming to Carmel's Crooked Stick Golf Club from September 3-9. Daily tickets just went on sale at the beginning of the week and weekly tickets are also available. Spectators will be able to see golf pros like Tiger Woods and Hunter Mahan practice and play in the tournament.
8. What annual event brings thousands of visitors to Atlanta, Indiana? The New Earth Festival! Over 600 art, craft, antique, and food vendors will descend upon the small town of Atlanta for this great festival that will be held September 22-23.