Father's Day is only a little over a week away so it's time to begin preparations for a celebration of dads! Use this idea guide to mix and match activities in Hamilton County to formulate the perfect day of celebration. From dads who have a sweet tooth to dads who love the outdoors, Hamilton County can please them all! For even more events, be sure to consult our online calendar of events.
1. If your dad loves theatrical productions, Hamilton County has several stages lighting up with new shows. Catch the cult classic Little Shop of Horrors being presented by the Carmel Repertory Theater. For a Father's Day outing with little ones, Jr. Civic is presenting Once Upon a Shoe beginning on the 16th. Another great option is Hollywood Arms at the Belfry Theater.
2. Country music loving dads will appreciate an early gift of tickets to the Miranda Lambert concert on June 8 at Klipsch Music Center! If your pop prefers a different genre, try the upcoming Symphony on the Prairie or another show at one of the many venues in Hamilton County.
3. Satisfy dad's sweet tooth with a trip to Chocolate Fest at the Schoolhouse this Saturday. This free event celebrates all things chocolate- from plants to treat tastings. Or you could pick up a gift for dad from Simply Sweet Shoppe's selection of nostalgic candies or treat him to some ice cream while enjoying views of Morse Reservoir at Alexander's on the Water.
4. Have a dad who loves to spend time out on the links? Book a Stay & Play package getaway for him! Choose from eight participating courses and fifteen participating hotels to build a golf getaway that he'll remember for years to come. If you select Prairie View for a round, take advantage of their food specials for Father's Day weekend.
5. Pick up a special gift for pops at a local boutique. The Old Picket Fence is hosting a Father's Day Sale that will feature special gifts like cuff links. Another great shop is geared towards the sport enthusiast dad- Authentic Sports Collectables. Housed in the Carmel City Center, this shop carries autographs, game-used memorabilia and more.
6. Take a trip down memory lane with your dad for Father's Day. Head to Noblesville for a day filled with vintage cars and trains. Indiana Vintage Vehicles will be presenting a large vehicle show inside Forest Park where you can gaze at beautiful old cars. Park in downtown Noblesville and hop on the Dad's Day Train that will take to into the car show and back.
7. Does your father appreciate craft beer? Get him tickets to History on Tap at Conner Prairie where he can sample local and historical beers. There will even be a short brew beer being brewed on-site in Prairietown! Another great beer event in Fishers is on June 14. At the Fishers on Tap event dads can sample beers from six local breweries, munch on snacks, and attend Beer 101 sessions to learn even more about tasty brews.
8. If your dad loves the great outdoors, take him on an adventure in Hamilton County! Rent a canoe from White River Canoe Company and bond with dad while floating down the beautiful White River. Or stay on land and rent some bicycles at Carmel Cyclery Bicycle Shop and pedal down the Monon Trail. Once hunger strikes, treat dad to lunch at his favorite locally owned Hamilton County restaurant.