America is an awesome country, what better way to celebrate Independence Day than with us here in Hamilton County, Indiana! Whether you're here visiting family or visiting for a patriotic getaway, we've got ideas that will help you have a great holiday. Just remember that all fireworks shows will depend on weather and drought conditions. For even more events happening throughout the county, visit our online calendar of events.
1. Celebrate the 4th in true 1800s fashion at Conner Prairie's Glorious Fourth. There will be everything from a live show about the U.S. Presidents, to a patriotic mural and craft area, and a reading of the Declaration of Independence. For an additional fee, guests can even shoot a blank round from a Civil War-ear rifle!
2. Grab a seat along the parade route for Noblesville's July 4th Parade and Fireworks Festival. This annual celebration will culminate on the grounds of the Noblesville High School where there will be a classic car show, music from Lipstick Blonde, food and more. New this year are some exciting features including an extreme air jumper and Animalia animal shows. Fireworks beginning around 10 p.m. will bring this festival to a close with a bang.
3. Westfield will rock out at the annual Westfield Rocks the 4th festival. Asa Bales Park will transform into a venue for live music, a beer and wine garden, and kids area. There will also be a bicycle ride, Bike It, that will raise money for prostate cancer research and men's health. Also, don't miss the vendor marketplace and fireworks!
4. Another one of our 8 Great Towns is filled with history and American pride! Sheridan's Fourth of July Parade and Celebration will kick off at 10 a.m. on Main Street. The celebration will continue in Biddle Memorial Park. While in Sheridan head to the Boxley Cabin to see a real piece of American history where George Boxley, one of the first abolitionists, used to reside.
5. CarmelFest in Carmel's Civic Square is going to be huge this year! With events ranging from the Freedom Run to multiple stages with live entertainment, there is sure to be lots of fun to be had. Don't miss the parade on Wednesday beginning at 10:30 a.m. and the fireworks at 9:45 p.m.
6. Round up your family and friends, pack a picnic, bring some chairs and sit under the stars at Symphony on the Prairie's Star Spangled Symphony. This tradition celebrates classic patriotic pieces like the 1812 Overture and Stars and Stripes Forever. Gates open early at 4:30 p.m. for these special performances on July 2, 3 and 4.
7. From June 29- July 1 the Lights over Morse Lake festival will take over Cicero! The schedule for the three-day festival is packed with everything from a fish fry to a talent show to a music festival. Don't miss the balloon glow on Saturday night or of course the fireworks on Sunday. If you'd rather park and ride, take the Indiana Transportation Museum's Lights Over Morse Lake Fireworks Train that runs each day of the festival.
8. Although the Fishers Freedom Festival has already come and gone, you can still catch a free summer concert in Fishers! Head to the lawn at Fishers Town Hall for a performance by Lipstick Blond that is a part of their 10th Anniversary Summer Concert Series.
The Hamilton County Visitors Bureau wishes you a happy and safe Fourth of July!