It's only a week and a half away, and planning is necessary for a lovely Mother's Day! Bring your mom to Hamilton County where she can sample tasty teas, ride the rails, shop ‘til she drops and more. Please keep in mind that reservations are needed for many of these events, but like mom always says: the early bird gets the worm! For even more things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana, check our calendar of events page.
1. Order up a beautiful flower arrangement from Seven Sisters Florist in Cicero. There are several springy options on their website, including a treat tower that includes fruits and chocolates!
2. Would your mom rather plant her own flowers? Seeing as May's theme at Conner Prairie is gardens, it's fitting that they are having a Mother's Day Plant Sale! The plant sale is from May 11-13 and will feature herbs, flowers and even heirloom tomatoes. Not only will your purchases benefit mom's garden, but a portion of the proceeds will also help feed the hungry in Hamilton County.
3. Take mum out for a spot of tea! The R.L. Wilson House will host its Mothers Day Tea on Mother's Day. There will be five courses with tea pairings and desserts from Heavenly Sweets! Another tasty option is the Mother's Day High Tea on May 12 at the Ruby Pear Tea Parlor. Both teas require reservations.
4. This is the first year the Lutz's Steak House in Noblesville will be serving on Mother's Day! Treat your mom to a lovely meal from their special Mother's Day menu.
5. Do you have a mom who loves to shop? Take her for a fun evening of shopping at Clay Terrace's Mom's Nite Out on May 10. The first 300 attendees will receive a special gift and there will be other fun activities like makeovers!
6. For something completely different, try the Indiana Transportation Museum's Mother's Day excursion: "La Bella Donna". Board a train in Noblesville's Forest park and take a scenic ride along the rails all the way to Tipton. Then enjoy a buffet lunch at the Tipton Elks Club before returning.
7. How many times will you be able to say you took your mom to brunch in a barn for Mother's Day? You can add at least once by attending Rita's Backyard Garden Center & Tea Room's Mother's Day Brunch. There will be unique brunch offerings in an equally unique setting.
8. For sporty moms, Prairie View Golf Club is offering special deals on Mother's Day. Moms get to play 9 holes of golf for free! Dads can golf for $30 and kids for $15. After a round or two, grab a delicious three-course meal in the clubhouse from Albatross Grille for only $25. Please call the club for tee times and reservations.