If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Re-live rock 'n roll history with The Diamonds at The Mansion at Oak Hill, Friday at 6 p.m. The Diamonds will perform their hits from the 50s and 60s, including Little Darlin' and Why Do Fools Fall in Love? as well as other hits from four-part vocal groups. The evening includes the show and a prime rib dinner buffet for $49.95 per person.
2. Earn your Junior Aeronaut certificate wings during the opening weekend at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park, April 1-3. In this new interactive experience, you can learn how to fly the 1859 Balloon Voyage with one of Conner Prairie's certified pilots. Take advantage of a great Conner Prairie package deal with one of our partner hotels to make it a weekend trip.
3. Find the answers to fun riddles at the April Fools Family Find. Join in the hunt Friday, 1 to 7 p.m. in Richey Woods in Fishers. Bring your own hotdogs to roast; the campfire opens at 5 p.m. Pre-registration is appreciated at 318- 595-3458. Cost: free. No foolin'.
4. Discover the dance series at the Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel on Friday. Savion Glover, known for his Broadway show Bring In 'Da Noise, Bring In 'Da Funk, will show his fancy footwork and electrifying dance techniques at 8 p.m. Tickets available from $15 to $80.
5. Purchase art, crafts and gifts for every occasion at Springtime in Indiana - Arts, Crafts and Gifts Showcase at the Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville, Friday, 5 to 9 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $3; children 12 and under free. Go to www.cloudshows.biz to print your $1 off coupon.
6. Fall in love with the production of I Hate Hamlet presented by The Carmel Community Players. Performances scheduled for Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m. Tickets: $15 for adults, $12 for students and seniors (62+). Call 317-815-9387 for reservations, or purchase tickets online.
7. Start your engines! Race lightweight race car simulators across open wheel, touring or muscle car categories at Net Heads in Carmel. Race start time: 7 p.m. For ages 18 and up.
8. Take advantage of the Spring Break specials and enjoy a tropical drink and/or appetizer at The Glass Chimney in Carmel, one of Indiana's finest restaurants.