If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Enjoy a night out at the theatre. The Carmel Community Players present A Nice Family Gathering on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. Adults: $15; seniors and students: $12.
2. Shop for art, crafts, gourmet food and more at the Hamilton County Marketplace. Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville. Admission: $1; kids 12 and under are free.
3. Take the chill out of your bones and sip a warm beverage at Noble Coffee and Tea. Try one of their fresh roasted coffees or choose from one of their 100 different teas.
6. Explore galaxies far, far away with Dr. Ronald Weiss, adjunct professor of Astronomy and Earth Science at Vincennes University, during this month's star and satellite gazing event on Saturday at 6 p.m. at the Taylor Center of Natural History in Strawtown Koteewi Park in Noblesville.
7. Listen to the tunes of the 20s, 30s and 40s at the Hedgehog Music Showcase, Saturday night at 8 p.m. at the Arcadia Arts Initiative. Admission: $5 per person.
8. Like snakes? On Sunday, slither on over to the 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville to see the reptiles at the Indiana Reptile Expo. For a complete list of events this weekend, visit www.8GreatTowns.com.