If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton Countyâ€™s 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
- Enjoy First Friday in downtown Noblesville, Indiana, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. At this month's event, sample a variety of home-made soups from local restaurants and cast your vote for your favorite in the Annual Soup Cook-Off.
- During First Friday, get a jump on your holiday shopping at your favorite Noblesville stores and businesses with extended shopping hours.
- Meet local artists and purchase artwork at the opening reception of the 61st Annual Fall Hamilton County Artists' Association Open House, Saturday, November 5, 6-9 p.m. at the Hamilton East Public Library. The show is open to the public through Nov. 18 during regular library hours.
- Shop for handmade items from local artists and enjoy live music, food, artist demos and more at the Urban Folk Art Craft Shows, November 4-6 at The Monon Community Center in Carmel, Indiana. For $4, you can attend all three days of the show.
- Take part in Follow the North Star, the award-winning history program developed by Conner Prairie. In this immersive experience, you and your family and friends play the parts of runaway slaves on the Underground Railroad. Programs are offered November 3-5, 10-12 and 17-19. Reservations required.
- On Saturday night, celebrate the 5th anniversary of the Hedgehog Music Showcase in Arcadia, Indiana, with the Les Paul and Mary Ford tribute concert. Cost: $20.
- Get your game on at Netheads in Carmel. Bring your friends and family out for a night of video games and fun.
- Enjoy one of 50 award-winning wines at Chateau Thomas Wine Bar and Gift Shoppe in Fishers, Indiana, while you enjoy a free, live concert, 7 to 10 p.m. This week's performers: Davis & DeVitt (Friday) and Jon Barnard (Saturday).
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at VisitHamiltonCounty.com.