Iit's the long Labor Day weekend. If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana to cap off your summer.
1. Bite into a juicy, hand dipped caramel apple, slurp on an apple slushie or take home a jar of apple jam from The Apple Store at Conner Prairie, open September 1-October 30.
2. During First Friday in Noblesville, Indiana, take a sneak peek inside some of the historical buildings in downtown Noblesville. Enjoy shopping at area boutiques and stores and enjoy a free concert by The Tides at 7 p.m. Cost of tour: $5.
3. Spend the day exploring the Nickel Plate Arts Trail. Meet the artisans who create beautiful works of art and culinary creations, plus discover unique dining options on this 30-mile trail through our small towns and rural communities.
4. Take one last dip in the pool at the Waterpark at the Monon Community Center in Carmel, Indiana. Ride the lazy river or take a trip down the waterslide, before they close on September 6.
5. On Sunday, enjoy the finale of the Pioneer Hills Sunset Series. The free concert by Bob and Joyce Seymour starts at 6 p.m. at Veterans Park in Sheridan, Indiana.
6. Peruse through the Birdie Gallery and meet the artists at the Open House for their latest exhibit, In the Style of Famous Artists, Friday from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Cost: Free.
7. Try one of our newer restaurants in our 8 Great Towns. Try to finish the Triple Bypass at Detour in the Carmel Arts and Design District or sample authentic Mexican cuisine at Toucan Annie's Mexican Grill in Cicero, Indiana.
8. Take a Sunday train ride on a real caboose. A caboose only train will run between downtown Noblesville and the Indiana Transportation Museum in Forest Park. *For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com