If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
- Get into the spring spirit at the Spring Forward Open House at the Hamilton County Art Center & Birdie Gallery, Saturday March 5, 6 - 8:30 p.m. Sponsored by the Hamilton County Artists Association. Admission: Free.
- Try the new family menu at our restaurant of the week, Matteo's Ristorante Italiano in Noblesville.
- Start shopping for that special Mother's Day, wedding or graduation gift at the Spring Gift sale at Gallery One36 in Westfield, Friday and Saturday.
- Take a free tour of a Native American village at Strawtown Koteewi Park in Noblesville. Tours begin in the Taylor Center of Natural History, Saturday at 11 a.m. or Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Are you getting married? Start planning your dream wedding at the Hamilton County Spring Bridal Show in Woodland Hall at the Conner Prairie Welcome Center, Sunday, March 6, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Admission: Free.
- Let the kids play duck pond, dart toss and a dozen other fun carnival games at the Dime Carnival at The Monon Community Center in Carmel on Saturday, March 5.
- Learn how to tap for maple syrup. You also can learn the folklore, history and facts about Maple trees during the Maple Syrup program at Bray Family Homestead Park in Noblesville, Saturday, March 5, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Pre-register for this free program at (317) 774-2500.
- Find the "Golden Coins" at Clay Terrace in Carmel, now through March 17. You could win free admission to a St. Patrick's Day pizza party at Tony Sacco's Coal Oven Pizza and other cool prizes. Follow Clay Terrace on Facebook and Twitter to get the daily clue.
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at VisitHamiltonCounty.com.