With Christmas on Saturday, many places are closed or have limited hours this weekend. So here are 8 Great Ideas for those who visiting Hamilton County, Indiana to experience throughout the holiday break and for those who live here and want to try something new.
- If you didn't get the video game you wanted, you can still try it out at Net Heads in Carmel. They are open the day after Christmas and have a wide variety of gaming systems and great games.
- There are always a slew of great movies out this time of the year. The Hamilton 16 IMAX in Noblesville has the latest 3D (and 2D) films.
- There are more than 100 art galleries, design showrooms, boutiques and restaurants in the Carmel Arts & Design District. Literally, there is something there for everyone.
- Did you know the Old Jail building, now the home of the Hamilton County Historical Museum, once was home to Charles Manson, who was arrested as a teenager for car theft? Learn more about the history of the county with a visit to the Historic Noblesville Square.
- If the family has a touch of cabin fever, go swimming at the indoor pool at The Monon Center in Carmel.
- Coopers Stardust Bowl in Noblesville is open on Christmas Day with public hours from 5 to 9 p.m.! You also can try the glow-in-the-dark cosmic bowling from 9 to 11 p.m. for a unique way to end your holiday celebration.
- Learn more about central Indiana's role in glass production along the Indiana Glass Trail. There are many stops throughout Hamilton County where you can find the perfect piece of antique glass or a stunning modern piece.
- The Arcadia Arts Gallery displays a collection of fine and traditional arts and crafts by local artists, including paintings, photography, wood sculpting, textiles and jewelry.
* For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana visit our online calendar at VisitHamiltonCounty.com!