If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Ways to experience the Grand Opening of the Palladium at The Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel, Indiana this weekend.
1. Attend the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the Palladium at 11 a.m. on Saturday, January 22. Join dignitaries and the 38th Infantry Division Band from the Indiana Army National Guard for a balloon drop and ribbon cutting to official open the Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel, Indiana.
2. Stick around the Palladium after the ribbon cutting to hear the premiere performance of "The Palladium Suite" at a free concert by the Carmel Brass.
3. See the best of the community's performers with "Take Center Stage at the Palladium" on Saturday afternoon. More than 25 local performers will get their chance to perform on the Palladium stage.
4. Head back to the Palladium on Sunday, January 23, to take a self-guided tour throughout the Palladium concert hall.
5. If you are a fan of professional dance, be sure to catch the free performance on Sunday by Gregory Hancock Dance Theater at 11 a.m. on the Palladium main stage. Stick around for the New World Youth Orchestra at 11:30 p.m.
6. The Palladium has something for the Indiana University alumni at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday - the I.U Jazz Group. It's a free concert!
7. Purdue University also will be represented at the Palladium. The Purdue Men's Glee Club performs a free show at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
8. Buy your tickets for the Gala Concert or Encore Event on Saturday, January 29. The gala features Palladium artistic director Michael Feinstein with jazz artist Chris Botti, vocalists Neil Sedaka, Dionne Warwick and Cheyenne Jackson.