If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. See the works of 130 juried artists exhibiting in watercolor, oil, 2D, jewelry, photography, 3D, wood, sculpture, pottery and more at the 14th annual Carmel International Arts Festival. Enjoy live entertainment and take the kids to check out the Young @ Art area. Saturday and Sunday in the Carmel Arts and Design District. Cost: Free.
2. Enjoy the annual Atlanta New Earth Festival in Atlanta, Indiana. More than 600 vendors will display fine art, crafts, antiques, food and more on Saturday and Sunday.
3. Find the perfect pumpkin at Stoneycreek Farm Pumpkin Harvest Festival, starting this weekend and running through October 31. Take a hayride to the pumpkin field, stop and see the farm animals or try the zip line! Check the event calendar for specific dates and times for activities.
4. Celebrate the season at Octoberfest. A beer garden, live music, kids' games and activities fill the schedule of this fall festival. Join in the fun on Saturday in Saxony's Witten Park (131st and Olio Road) in Fishers, Indiana. Free admission.
5. On Saturday morning, shop for fresh, in-season produce at our area farmers markets in Noblesville, Fishers and Carmel. This is the last Saturday for the Fishers Famers Market and our other local markets will be closing at the end of October, so shop now!
6. Browse through In the Style of Famous Artists, the latest exhibit at the Birdie Gallery in Noblesville, Indiana. The exhibit is free and open to the public, Thursdays-Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., now through October 28.
7. We have a full calendar of local theatrical performances this week. Choose from The Drowsy Chaperone; COLE: The Words and Music of Cole Porter or Almost, Maine, a romantic comedy. The Great American Backstage Musical also opens this week at The Belfry Theatre.
8. Visit Conner Prairie Interactive History Park for free on Saturday, September 24, the Smithsonian magazine's Museum Day. You can receive up to two free admissions by presenting a Museum Day ticket at the gate. *For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com.