If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Enjoy the opening weekend of Chicago, the Tony award-winning musical, performed locally by Actors Theatre of Indiana at the Studio at the Center for the Performing Arts. Show runs through May 22.
2. Celebrate Arbor Day at Ritchey Woods in Fishers. Plant trees, make a craft and enjoy a hike. The fun starts Friday at 6 p.m. Pre-registration appreciated. Cost: Free.
3. Spend the afternoon strolling through historic Noblesville Square. Discover one-of-a-kind art, jewelry, purses, scarves and home accessories at area galleries, boutiques and shops. (Remember guys, Mother's Day is on May 8.)
4. If the royal wedding has sparked ideas for your own upcoming nuptials, go to JoAnn and Co. to try on gowns or visit the Historic Ambassador House and consider this elegant home for your wedding site. Our Hamilton County Bridal Guide has more ideas for planning your perfect day.
5. Celebrate the works of musical legend Miles Davis. Trumpeter Wallace Roney and composer Marcus Miller pay tribute to this jazz great at the Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel on Saturday at 8 p.m.
6. "Fools," a play by Neil Simon, opens locally at the Belfry Theatre on Friday, running through May 1. Tickets are only $15.
7. Collectors and miniature enthusiasts can shop at the annual miniatures-only attic sale, benefitting The Museum of Miniature Houses. The sale is at the Carmel Lions Club on Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
8. Stop by Vine & Table for Sample Saturdays. Wine tasting, 11 a.m.- 3 p.m. and beer tasting, 3-6 p.m. *For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com.