If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Enjoy a showcase of vocal, dance, drama and instrumental performances at the Carmel Arts Council's Young Performers Showcase on Sunday, Feb. 27. Past performers have gone on to perform at Carnegie Hall.
2. Take a 30-minute guided tour of the Ambassador House in Fishers, Indiana, to learn more about the history of the house, and its move to Heritage Park. Tours are offered between 1 and 3 p.m. on Sunday and are free.
3. Get away from the modern hustle and bustle with a Hearthside Supper at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park. Learn more about 19th century cooking by preparing, serving and enjoying a candlelit meal. Offered weekends through March 27.
4. This is the last weekend to see what happens when a couple of greenhorns get caught in the New York theater scene in Don't Talk to the Actors at The Belfry Theatre in Noblesville.
5. They're back! Meet the ghosts of the Underground Railroad - and a few modern-day gangsters and spirits - on a walking tour of Westfield's haunted history provided by UnseenPress.com. Reservations for the Saturday evening tour are required.
6. Experience the grandeur and beauty of the Metropolitan Opera right here in Hamilton County with The Met Live in HD: Gluck's Iphigenie En Tauride at the Hamilton 16 IMAX on Saturday at 1 p.m.
7. Shop for one-of-a-kind home decor, jewelry and accessories at Gallery 116 in Fishers. (We hear slap watches are a hot trend this spring.)
8. Grab a cup of fresh coffee and a warm scone at Stitches & Scones in Westfield, Indiana, as you browse the shelves and shelves of colorful yarns and fibers. While you are there, try your hand at making a Super Bowl Scarf. Open Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. *For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com.