If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Celebrate the grand opening of the Palladium at the Gala Concert and Encore Event on Saturday, January 29. The gala features Palladium artistic director Michael Feinstein with jazz artist Chris Botti, vocalists Neil Sedaka, Dionne Warwick and Cheyenne Jackson.
2. Enjoy the first concert at the Palladium on Sunday, January 30 at 3 p.m. Listen to the beautiful classical music provided by the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, the MirQuartet and Lynn Harrell.
5. Help prepare, serve and partake in a candlelight Hearthside Supper at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park. Select dates, now through March 27, 6-9 p.m. Cost: $60/person ($55/member).
6. Train enthusiasts can check out the NMRA Model Train show this Sunday, January 30, at the Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville.
7. On Sunday afternoon, bowl, putt and play games for a good cause from noon to 2 p.m. at Coopers Stardust Bowl in Noblesville. Tickets are $15 per person and include two games of bowling, shoes & one round of putt-putt. All proceeds benefit the USO.
8. Explore The Historic Ambassador House and Heritage Gardens in Fishers. Learn about this historic 19th century home and its architecture during a 30-minute free guided tour on Sunday, 1 to 3 p.m. For a complete list of events this weekend, visit www.8GreatTowns.com.