If you are you are here for the National Softball Association Class B World Series or if you want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
"The Inferno Fastpitch let their hair "up" at Opening Ceremonies for the NSA Girls Fast Pitch "B" World Series but it's all business on the field"
- Take in the fast-pitch action at the National Softball Association Class B World Series championship games. Free admission and parking for all games!
- Play 1800s-style baseball at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park in Fishers, Indiana, July 30 and 31 at 1 p.m. each day. While you are there, you can also take a ride in a hot-air balloon and help save an Indiana town from Confederate soldiers. Cost: $14 adults, $13 seniors 65+, $9 youth 2-12. Free for members & youth under 2. Group rates also available. Â
- Or play a round of golf at Prairie View Golf Club in Carmel, Indiana, ranked the #1 golf course in Indiana by Golfweek Magazine. Take advantage of their Super Twilight rate of $35, daily after 4 p.m., now through July 31.
- Sample the best of Fishers fare at the annual Flavor of Fishers, July 30, noon to 10 p.m. Choose menu items from over 30 local restaurants. The event includes a beer and wine garden, music and plenty of family-friendly activities. Cost: $5 in advance for adults ($7 at the door); children 12 and under are free!
- Experience INDYKLEZ, Central Indiana's premiere Klezmer Band. What is a Klezmer? It is a person, not an instrument. Klezmer music is traditional Jewish soul music in which the players become "instruments of song". Friday at 8 p.m. at the Carmel Community Playhouse. Cost: $10.
- Stroll through the Carmel Arts & Design District and then take in Jazz on the Monon with the Slammer Jazz Quartet. This free concert starts Saturday at 6 p.m. on the southwest corner of the Monon & Main Street in Carmel, Indiana.
- Enjoy the classic story of Cinderella - with a twist - at the Belfry Theatre in Noblesville, Indiana. "Cinderella" runs Fridays-Sundays, July 29 to August 7. Cost: $17 adults and $12 for children 12 and under. Reservations recommended.
- Enjoy a picnic in Forest Park in Noblesville, Indiana, and then take a dip in the pool or a ride on the carousel. The lazy days of summer will be gone too soon!
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at VisitHamiltonCounty.com.