If you are you are here for the National Softball Association Class B World Series or if you want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
- Take in the fast-pitch action at the National Softball Association Class B World Series championship games. Free admission and parking for all games!
- Play 1800s-style baseball at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park in Fishers, Indiana, July 30 and 31 at 1 p.m. each day. While you are there, you can also take a ride in a hot-air balloon and help save an Indiana town from Confederate soldiers. Cost: $14 adults, $13 seniors 65+, $9 youth 2-12. Free for members & youth under 2. Group rates also available.
- Or play a round of golf at Prairie View Golf Club in Carmel, Indiana, ranked the #1 golf course in Indiana by Golfweek Magazine. Take advantage of their Super Twilight rate of $35, daily after 4 p.m., now through July 31.
- Sample the best of Fishers fare at the annual Flavor of Fishers, July 30, noon to 10 p.m. Choose menu items from over 30 local restaurants. The event includes a beer and wine garden, music and plenty of family-friendly activities. Cost: $5 in advance for adults ($7 at the door); children 12 and under are free!
- Experience INDYKLEZ, Central Indiana's premiere Klezmer Band. What is a Klezmer? It is a person, not an instrument. Klezmer music is traditional Jewish soul music in which the players become "instruments of song". Friday at 8 p.m. at the Carmel Community Playhouse. Cost: $10.
- Stroll through the Carmel Arts & Design District and then take in Jazz on the Monon with the Slammer Jazz Quartet. This free concert starts Saturday at 6 p.m. on the southwest corner of the Monon & Main Street in Carmel, Indiana.
- Enjoy the classic story of Cinderella - with a twist - at the Belfry Theatre in Noblesville, Indiana. "Cinderella" runs Fridays-Sundays, July 29 to August 7. Cost: $17 adults and $12 for children 12 and under. Reservations recommended.
- Enjoy a picnic in Forest Park in Noblesville, Indiana, and then take a dip in the pool or a ride on the carousel. The lazy days of summer will be gone too soon!
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at VisitHamiltonCounty.com.