If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Attend the opening concert of the 30th season of Marsh Symphony on the Prairie at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park in Fishers, Indiana, Saturday at 8 p.m. The first concert, American Landscapes, features conductor Edwin Outwater and the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. Cost: $22 for adults; $11 for ages 2-12.
2. Discover the Red Bridge Summer Concert Series on Sunday, 6 to 8 p.m., at the Gazebo in Red Bridge Park on Morse Lake in Cicero, Indiana. This week, enjoy the sounds of the 30s and 40s performed by the Atlanta Hall Band. Cost: Free.
3. Enjoy two full days of family fun at the Fishers Freedom Festival. Sign up for the 5K or family walk, let your kids join in the parade, and enjoy fabulous food and entertainment, June 25-26 in Holland Memorial Park in Fishers, Indiana.
5. Learn about abolitionist George Boxley and take a tour of the historic Boxley Cabin in Sheridan, Indiana, Saturday, 1 to 3 p.m.
7. Don't miss the final days of the Close Encounters exhibit at the Birdie Gallery in Noblesville, Indiana. Exhibit runs through Friday, June 24. Regular gallery hours, Thursdays-Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
8. Explore wedding styles from the 1860s to the 1920s by visiting the Hamilton County Historical Society's free Antique Wedding exhibit in the museum's formal parlor. The Museum is open Thursdays - Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Check the website for extended summer hours. *For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com.