If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend. The Ambassador House & Heritage Gardens, Fishers, Indiana
1. Celebrate Memorial Day weekend at Conner Prairie in Fishers, Indiana. Be a wedding guest in Prairietown or earn your Junior Aeronaut wings at the 1859 Balloon Voyage experience.
2. Rock out to the X103 MayDay concert, featuring Seether, Bullet For My Valentine, Ed Kowalczyk, She Wants Revenge, Halestorm and Middle Class Rut, at Verizon Wireless Music Center in Noblesville, Indiana, Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
3. Experience another great spectacle in racingXtreme racing at Thrillyard 200 featuring the Dan Patch Invitational at Hoosier Park Racing and Casino in Anderson, Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
5. Take a quick trip to Arcadia to check out the Hedgehog Radio Revue Show with the Bobcats. Cost: $10
6. Climb aboard the Pizza PLUS Express Train. Travel from Forest Park in Noblesville to Tipton to enjoy pizza or casual American cuisine at one of 4 restaurants. The train leaves the station Saturday at 5 p.m. Make your online reservation at least 72 hours in advance or make your reservation by phone at (317) 773-6000 by Thursday by noon.
7. Splish, splash and have a blast in the outdoor water park at The Monon Community Center in Carmel, Indiana. You can take the first dip of the season at 11 a.m. on Saturday, and they're open throughout the holiday weekend.
8. On Sunday, take a 30-minute tour of the Historic Ambassador House and Heritage Gardens in Fishers, 1 to 3 p.m. Cost: Free. *For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com.