If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. On Friday, solve a mystery with the Mystery Cafe at the Mansion at Oak Hill. Enjoy a spooktacular evening that includes a five-course dinner and a show, Bats: The Non Musical. For reservations, call (317) 843-9850. Cost: $55 per person.
2. Enjoy a night out at the theatre - or maybe two. The Actors Theatre of Indiana will take audiences on a comical journey through 20 Broadway shows in Forbidden Broadway at the Studio Theatre at the Center for the Performing Arts. Amadeus, presented by the Civic Theatre, also opens this weekend at the Tarkington.
3. Saturday morning, shop one last time this season at the Carmel and Noblesville Farmers Markets. At the Noblesville market, you can sample entries in the Noblesville Firefighter's Chili Cook-Off from 9-11 a.m.
4. Visit Sleepy Hollow and see the Headless Horseman on his last ride of the season at Conner Prairie. Have your photo taken with the Headless One and learn about how real "ghost busters" find evidence of paranormal activity. Gates open 6-9 p.m., Thursday through Saturday.
5. Groove to the soulful sounds of Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds. This Hoosier and Grammy-award winning performer brings his old-school classics to the Palladium, Saturday at 8 p.m.
6. Grab your costume and get to the starting line of the Third Annual Ghosts and Goblins 5K and 2K Walk. Win a prize for the best Halloween costume or for being a top finisher!
7. On Saturday, join in Detourâ€™s First Annual Halloween Tent Party. Bring the little ones to the kid's tent for face-painting and games, 3-5 p.m. After dark, come to the Jim Beam Devil's Cut Halloween Tent Party (21 and older only.) Enjoy live music and enter the costume contest for a chance to win $500!
8. Take a 30-minute guided tour of the Historic Ambassador House in Fishers, Indiana. Learn about the former residents and the legacy of this historic home, Sunday 1-3 p.m. *For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com.