If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Be a part of the first Cicero Balloon Splash. Starting at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, watch as 18 balloons float across the Morse Reservoir and try to hit a target in the water in front of the Red Bridge Marina. The balloon glow begins at 9:15 p.m. at the Cicero Baseball Fields.
2. During the Saturday night balloon glow, take your family on a tethered balloon ride! Advance tickets available for $12 per person at the Cicero Market.
3. See the Carmel Repertory Theatre perform the musical Hairspray, the first full production at the Tarkington at the Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel, Indiana. The show runs August 11-27.
4. Watch Fuzzy Zoeller with his friends and fellow golf legends, Ben Crenshaw, Craig Stadler and Curtis Strange, at the 2011 Wolf Challenge, August 12-14 at the Bridgewater Club in Carmel, Indiana. Tickets are $20 in advance; $25 day of event. Call (317) 399-2478 for tickets.
5. Bring your lawn chairs and your picnic baskets to Sheridan Veterans Park in Sheridan, Indiana, Saturday at 6 p.m., to enjoy a performance by the Zionsville Concert Band. Free admission, but donations are appreciated.
6. "Twist and Shout" and take a walk down "Penny Lane" at this week's Symphony on the Prairie, featuring original cast members from the Broadway show Beatlemania. The show starts at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Cost: $22 for adults; $11 for children in advance or $27 for adults and $13 for children at the gate.
7. Visit the art galleries and take an evening stroll through the Carmel ArtsÂ & Design District during Second Saturday, 5 to 10 p.m. Don't miss works by artists from the Hamilton County Artist Association at 2 West Main Street in the historic Bank Building.
8. Bring the whole family out to the Carmel Community Playhouse to see Lights, Camera, Cabaret, featuring theme songs and music from the world of TV and movies. Show times are Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Cost: $10 *For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com.