If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. If your kids have been nice this year, bring them and your camera to the Santa Clause Open House. December 9, 11 and 12 in downtown Noblesville.
2. Step back in time to discover how holidays like Christmas and Hanukkah were celebrated more than 174 years ago. Discover Conner Prairie by Candlelight and see Christmas Eve traditions from 1836. December 10, 11, 17 and 18. Reservations required.
3. Travel back a little further in time - way back - to more than 2,000 years ago! Walk through the streets of Bethlehem in a live re-creation of the Nativity at St. Mark's United Methodist Church in Carmel. December 10 and 11, 6 - 9 p. m. Free.
4. Start the day off right with Breakfast with Santa at The Mansion at Oak Hill. Dig into a hearty breakfast buffet, take a picture with Santa and join in the holiday sing-a-long. December 11 and 18, 9 and 10:30 a.m. For reservations, call (317) 843-9850.
5. Listen to the sounds of the season brought to you by the Noblesville Symphony Orchestra Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Noblesville High School or the Carmel Symphony Orchestra at Westfield High School, Saturday at 3 and 7 p.m.
6. On Saturday afternoon, decorate a special holiday tree and make treats for the furry friends in Strawtown Koteewi Park.
7. Also on Saturday, the kids can enjoy a hot chocolate bar, popcorn and cookies with Santa at West Park in Carmel. Write a last-minute letter to Santa and join in the family treasure hunt. Cost: $14 per person.
8. View the beauty of miniature houses at the 6th annual Candlelight Tour at The Museum of Miniature Houses and Other Collections, 5 to 8 p.m. on December 11. * For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com!