If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Don't Talk to the Actors. That's the title of the latest play at The Belfry Theatre, opening February 11 and running through February 27. Tickets are $15.
2. Meet a presidential candidate from the past. At 1 p.m. on Sunday, February 13, the Carmel Clay Historical Society will show the unfinished film, The Life of Wendell Willkie and discuss the Hoosier who ran against FDR in 1940.
3. Enjoy a love-themed cabaret. Just in time for Valentine's Day, the Carmel Community Players are hosting a cabaret for charity. See some great local talent on Saturday or Sunday, and support local theater, all for $10 for adults and $5 for students and seniors.
4. Go on a winter track walk at Strawtown Koteewi Park. Take a stroll along the snow covered trails and learn how to identify animal tracks on Saturday at 1 p.m.
5. Travel to China without leaving Hamilton County. The Hamilton 16 IMAX presents The Met Live in HD: Nixon in China on Saturday at 1 p.m. The opera explore American history and human truths surrounding President Nixon's historic trip to communist China.
6. Prepare a 19th century meal at Conner Prairie. Your family can help prepare, serve and enjoy a candlelight feast with Hearthside Suppers at Conner Prairie on Friday, February 11. Recommended for ages 10 and older.
7. Go to a musical housewarming. The Carmel Symphony Orchestra plays the Palladium on Saturday with a concert featuring Di Wu, a Van Cliburn Competition finalist, on piano.
8. Dance with the Air Force. The Indiana Wing of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) hosts its annual St. Valentine's Evening Gala on Saturday at 6 p.m. This year's dance is in the spirit of a 1940s era USO gala. Tickets are $75/couple or $40/person and include dinner.
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com.