1. Donâ€™t Talk to the Actors. Thatâ€™s the title of the latest play at The Belfry Theatre, opening February 11 and running through February 27. Tickets are $15.
2. Meet a presidential candidate from the past. At 1 p.m. on Sunday, February 13, the Carmel Clay Historical Society will show the unfinished film, â€œThe Life of Wendell Willkieâ€? and discuss the Hoosier who ran against FDR in 1940.
3. Enjoy a love-themed cabaret. Just in time for Valentineâ€™s Day, the Carmel Community Players are hosting a cabaret for charity. See some great local talent on Saturday or Sunday, and support local theater, all for $10 for adults and $5 for students and seniors.
4. Go on a winter track walk at Strawtown Koteewi Park. Take a stroll along the snow covered trails and learn how to identify animal tracks on Saturday at 1 p.m.
5. Travel to China without leaving Hamilton County. The Hamilton 16 IMAX presents The Met Live in HD: Nixon in China on Saturday at 1 p.m. The opera explore American history and human truths surrounding President Nixonâ€™s historic trip to communist China.
6. Prepare a 19th century meal at Conner Prairie. Your family can help prepare, serve and enjoy a candlelight feast with Hearthside Suppers at Conner Prairie on Friday, February 11. Recommended for ages 10 and older.
7. Go to a musical housewarming. The Carmel Symphony Orchestra plays the Palladium on Saturday with a concert featuring Di Wu, a Van Cliburn Competition finalist, on piano.
8. Dance with the Air Force. The Indiana Wing of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) hosts its annual St. Valentineâ€™s Evening Gala on Saturday at 6 p.m. This yearâ€™s dance is in the spirit of a 1940â€™s era USO gala. Tickets are $75/couple or $40/person and include dinner.
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana,Â visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com.