- On Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m., go â€œSailingâ€? and â€œRide Like the Windâ€? with Christopher Cross and the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra during this weekâ€™s Marsh Symphony on the Prairie at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park in Fishers, Indiana. Cost: $22 for adults; $11 for children in advance or $27 for adults and $13 for children at the gate.
- See the complete works of Shakespeare in 90 minutes! The Carmel Repertory Theatre presents The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged), a fun, fast-paced comedy, July 7-10 at 7 p.m. at the Carmel Arts Center Amphitheater by the Palladium. Cost: Free.
- Visit art galleries, meet local artists and stroll through the Carmel Arts and Design District during Second Saturday, 5-10 p.m.
- Take in a concert and support a good cause. Enjoy Devotion to Wildlife: Jennie Devoe in Concert and support the Indiana Wildlife Federation. The evening features a VIP cocktail hour, silent auction and the DeVoe concert. Tickets: $20 for IWF members and $30 for non-members. Events begin Saturday at 5:30 p.m. in West Park in Carmel.
- Go on a walking tour filled with stories of ghosts of the Underground Railroad mixed with modern-day gangsters and spirits from Westfield, Indianaâ€™s haunted history. Reservation required. Cost: $15; Seniors 65+ and children 11 and younger $10.
- Attend a book signing with Lucina Ball Moxley, author of the beloved Dandy Dollhouse stories, Saturday, noon to 2 p.m. at the Museum of Miniature Houses and Other Collections in Carmel, Indiana. Cost: free.
- Picnic at Coxhall Gardens on Sunday evening while you listen to the sounds of Carmel Brass. The free concert starts at 6 p.m.
- If music from the 50s and 60s is more your style, check out Terry Lee & the Rock-a-Boogie Band at this weekâ€™s Red Bridge ParkÂ Concert in Cicero, Indiana. This free concert starts at 7 p.m., rain or shine!
8 Great Things to Do for the Second Weekend in July 2011
Wednesday, July 6, 2011 by Hamilton County Tourism
If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton Countyâ€™s 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.