- On Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m., go "Sailing" and "Ride Like the Wind" with Christopher Cross and the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra during this week's Marsh Symphony on the Prairie at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park in Fishers, Indiana. Cost: $22 for adults; $11 for children in advance or $27 for adults and $13 for children at the gate.
- See the complete works of Shakespeare in 90 minutes! The Carmel Repertory Theatre presents The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged), a fun, fast-paced comedy, July 7-10 at 7 p.m. at the Carmel Arts Center Amphitheater by the Palladium. Cost: Free.
- Visit art galleries, meet local artists and stroll through the Carmel Arts and Design District during Second Saturday, 5-10 p.m.
- Take in a concert and support a good cause. Enjoy Devotion to Wildlife: Jennie Devoe in Concert and support the Indiana Wildlife Federation. The evening features a VIP cocktail hour, silent auction and the DeVoe concert. Tickets: $20 for IWF members and $30 for non-members. Events begin Saturday at 5:30 p.m. in West Park in Carmel.
- Go on a walking tour filled with stories of ghosts of the Underground Railroad mixed with modern-day gangsters and spirits from Westfield, Indiana's haunted history. Reservation required. Cost: $15; Seniors 65+ and children 11 and younger $10.
- Attend a book signing with Lucina Ball Moxley, author of the beloved Dandy Dollhouse stories, Saturday, noon to 2 p.m. at the Museum of Miniature Houses and Other Collections in Carmel, Indiana. Cost: free.
- Picnic at Coxhall Gardens on Sunday evening while you listen to the sounds of Carmel Brass. The free concert starts at 6 p.m.
- If music from the 50s and 60s is more your style, check out Terry Lee & the Rock-a-Boogie Band at this week's Red Bridge Park Concert in Cicero, Indiana. This free concert starts at 7 p.m., rain or shine!
8 Great Things to Do for the Second Weekend in July 2011
Wednesday, July 6, 2011 by Hamilton County Tourism Staff
If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.