If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. It's the second Saturday of the month, which means it's time for the monthly Carmel Arts & Design District Gallery Walk and Second Saturday. Visit between 5 to 10 p.m. Three galleries will have a $50 raffle for a gift certificate to an area restaurant.
2. While you are in Carmel on Saturday night, stop by the Indiana Design Center, 5 to 8 p.m., for their free Preview Night, featuring the opening of the Eckert-Wright Art & Design Gallery and more.
3. Help raise funds for the maintenance of the Fallen Hoosier Heroes Memorial for Enduring Freedom. Join in this charity bowling tournament, Saturday at Woodland Bowl, noon to 5 p.m.
4. Bring your hat and your boots and enjoy good 'ol country music before and after the Jason Aldean concert at the Verizon Wireless Music Center. The fun starts at 4 p.m. at the Sleepybear Campground in Noblesville.
5. Get into the swing of things at the Hedgehog Music Showcase in Arcadia as A-Team Swing plays swing music from the 30s and 40s, Saturday at 8 p.m. Cost: $10.
6. Or work on a different kind of swing - your golf swing - at one our premier Hamilton County golf courses. Stay and Play golf packages start at just $179.
7. Climb aboard and take the Great Towns Train on Saturday or take a short trip on a real caboose on Sunday! Check here for the Indiana Train Museum's train schedules, pick up and drop off locations and costs.