If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Discover local artists and their latest works as you stroll through the galleries in the Carmel Arts & Design district during Second Saturday, 5 to 10 p.m.
2. Visit the Indiana Design Center from 5 to 8 p.m. on Saturday for their Open House. Stop by the new Santarossa Mosaic & Tile Co. showroom, and see the holiday displays, gift ideas, and offerings in the first floor retail showrooms.
3. Meet talented artists, enjoy refreshments and see fantastic art at the "Community Creates" Open House at Birdie Gallery in Noblesville, Friday, 6 to 8:30 p.m.
4. Enjoy an opening weekend performance of the dramatic comedy Six Degrees of Separation at the Carmel Community Playhouse.
5. Tour the newly renovated Coxhall Mansion in Coxhall Gardens in Carmel, Friday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. This stately residence will be adorned in holiday finery. Cost: $15; cash only.
6. Listen to the Carmel Symphony and the Anderson University Chorale and Alumni Choir perform three works, including Mahler's monumental Symphony No. 2, Resurrection. This moving performance takes place on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at the Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts.
7. On Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., stop by the Holiday Open House at Gallery 116 in Fishers for holiday cheer and snacks and find special gifts for those on your "nice" list.
8. Solve a mystery at the Noblesville Library. Saturday at 6:30 p.m., become a super sleuth and follow the clues to expose the murderer of a member of an 80s hair band! Recommended for ages 10 and up. *For a complete listing of things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com!