If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Come out to First Friday in Noblesville, Indiana, on Friday night and you can browse through the shops, watch the classic movie Goonies and see the winning video in the I Heart Noblesville Video contest.
2. Take a hayride to pick out your perfect pumpkin at the 39th annual Pumpkin Harvest Festival at Stonycreek Farm in Noblesville, Indiana. Kids can bounce on the jumping pillow, ride a pony and have their faces painted! Check the Stonycreek Farm calendar for all of this weekend's special events.
4. Discover the latest home decorating trends at the Indiana Design Center in its first-floor showrooms. The public may also shop the second floor to-the-trade showrooms with their own designer or use the Designer-on-Call service. The IDC is open Monday Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. 3p.m. 5. Take stroll through the Carmel Art & Design District and shop in the galleries and shops during this month's Second Saturday and Gallery Walk, Saturday, 5 to 10 p.m.
6. Experience the music of Romania, Spain, Africa, India and Ireland as you watch My Gypsy Soul, the debut performance of the Gregory Hancock Dance Theatre, October 7 and 8 at the Tarkington at The Center for the Performing Arts.
7. On Saturday, join members of the Lenape Tribe from Oklahoma as they bring their cultural and dance traditions to life at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park. Free with park general admission.
8. Join in pumpkin-themed crafts and games and help carve pumpkins for this year's Halloween Hikes at the Ritchey Woods Family Pumpkin Festival. The festival is Sunday, 2 to 5 p.m.; pre-registration is appreciated.