If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Celebrate the art of the automobile at the fourth annual Artomobilia, Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. in the Carmel Art and Design District. See beautiful collector cars, including this year's featured marque car -- the iconic 1963 Corvette! You also can visit restaurants and galleries in the area as part of Second Saturday and Gallery Walk.
2. Discover Greek culture with entertainment, food and fun at Greek Fest 2011. Festivities take place at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Carmel, Indiana, on Friday, 4 to 10 p.m. and Saturday, noon to 10 p.m. Cost: $7 at the gate. Children 12 and under are free. Discount advance tickets available at area Marsh stores.
4. Enjoy a night out at the theater at the Tarkington at The Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel. See The Drowsy Chaperone, the Civic Theatre's first production in its new home, now through September 24.
5. On Saturday at 7 p.m., jam with two of today's most popular bands, Blink 182 and My Chemical Romance, at Verizon Wireless Music Center in Noblesville, Indiana.
6. Enjoy fine wine, hors d'oeuvres, music and a silent auction at the third annual Harvest Wine Tasting, Saturday, 6 to 9 p.m., at the Historic Ambassador House & Heritage Gardens in Fishers, Indiana. Cost: $35 in advance/$40 at door.
8. Gather for a community remembrance of September 11. Carmel United Methodist Church will host a free program at the Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts, featuring music, dance and readings. At 2 p.m. at the Hamilton County Courthouse in Noblesville, a separate ceremony will honor firefighters, first responders and those who made the ultimate sacrifice.