If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Join in the Sixth Annual Race to the New Year this Saturday, December 8, at Cool Creek Park Nature Center. The race is a 5K run/walk for ages 8 and up. You can register at the park for $20.
2. Enjoy a Hearthside Supper at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park. Help prepare, serve and partake in a candlelight feast straight from the pages of a 19th-century cookbook. Select dates, January 8 - March 27, 6-9 p.m. Cost: $60/person ($55/member)
3. Spend an afternoon at the opera - and the movies. Experience the fifth season of the Metropolitan Opera's series The Met: Live in HD. The broadcast of Puccini's opera La Fanciulla del West will be presented live on screen at the Hamilton 16 IMAX in Noblesville Saturday at 1 p.m.
4. Visit the art galleries in the Carmel ArtsÂ & Design District, and then grab a bite to eat at a local eatery like Bub's Burgers, Woody's Library Restaurant or the Vine & Table.
5. Discover Logan Village Mall in Noblesville. Shop at over 40 charming shops and find antiques, vintage and new gifts, home decor and more.
6. Gaze at the stars at the Taylor Center of Natural History. Join Dr. Ronald Weiss from Vincennes University and other astronomy enthusiasts at this month's Star and Satellite Gazing Tour on Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
7. Pack up the family for a day of indoor fun at The Monon Center in Carmel. Drop off the kids in the KidZone, get your workout in and regroup later for splash time in the pool!
8. Enjoy Sunday Brunch at Keltie's in Westfield. Imagine a buffet table that stretches the entire length of the dining room, filled with fresh fruit, breakfast favorites, seasonal entrees and homemade desserts. Now go make an online reservation. *For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com!