8 Great Things to Do for the Second Weekend of October 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010 by Hamilton County Tourism Staff
If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend:
1. Take part in a fun, fall Hamilton County, Indiana tradition - the Stonycreek Farm Pumpkin Festival - Open daily until Sunday, October 31.
2. Head to Merchant's Square in Carmel for OktoberFest, and make sure to stick around for "Dancing with the Carmel Stars" - Saturday, October 9.
3. Begin your holiday shopping a little early, and visit the Christmas in October Craft Fair in Fishers- Saturday, October 9.
4. Celebrate fall during "AutumnFest" - held in the quaint downtown arts district of Arcadia (& take the train to get there!) - Saturday, October 9.
5. Have a special date night out at Kiss Z Cook in Carmel. This Saturday, is the "A Vegetarian Affair" class, yum! - Saturday, October 9.
6. Experience the fifth season of the Metropolitan Opera's Peabody and Emmy Award-winning series The Met: Live in HD at the Hamilton 16 IMAX in Noblesville - Saturday, October 9.
7. Take the whole family on the Pumpkin Train, where you head north to pick out a pumpkin, sip hot chocolate, take hayrides and enjoy the fall air - Saturday, October 9 - Sunday, October 10.