If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
"The Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds will host the county 4-H fair this weekend"
- Enjoy food, animals and fun at this year's Hamilton County 4-H Fair, July 14-19 at the 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville, Indiana.
- Catch Sheridan Bluegrass Fever at Sheridan Veterans Park in Sheridan, Indiana. Bluegrass performers including Circle City Bluegrass Band, and Jeremy Morris and Cornfields & Crossroads will take the stage during this two-day event, July 15-16. For costs and complete schedule, go to www.bluegrassfever.net.
- Bring your lawn chairs and listen to Sarah Scarbrough, this week's performer at Jazz on the Square, Friday, 7-9:30 p.m., on Main Street in Noblesville.
- See the Actors Theatre of Indiana's production of, The Andrews Brothers at the Studio Theater at The Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel, Indiana. Go back to 1945 and see what happens when a certain famous trio of singing sisters fails to show up for their USO show. Wednesdays-Saturday, now through July 24. Indianapolis Performing Arts Examiner Tom Alvarez offers his review of the "first-rate acting" and "equally accomplished vocal skills."
- On Friday, take in a classic movie under the stars for free. Bring your family and your picnic basket to re-live E.T. (Don't forget the Reese's Pieces!) Show time is about 9 p.m. at West Park in Carmel (weather permitting).
- Shop for food, garden art, antique treasures, vintage finds, jewelry and fine art at the Open-Aire Parisian Market on Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., on the west lawn of The Victorian House in Noblesville. Hosted by Carriage House Antiques and The Ruby Pear Tea Parlor.
- Discover the Art of Wine on Saturday from 5 to 10 p.m. in the Carmel Arts & Design District. Enjoy unlimited wine tastings from participating wineries for $15 (adults 21 and over). Plus, Listen to the music of Blair Clark and browse through art galleries and shops.
- Be there for the Hoosier Champions horse race at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino in Anderson, Indiana. See the final night of 2011 Standardbred racing with more than $1 million in purses for the top horses in the state. Races start Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at VisitHamiltonCounty.com.