If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
- Relax and unwind as you listen to the sounds of Radio Nights featuring Tom Wright at Jazz Squared, Friday at 7 p.m., on Historic Noblesville Square.
- Don't miss the world premiere of Andersen: A Fairy Tale Life, an original musical about the life of Hans Christian Andersen, at The Studio Theater at the Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel, June 16-19 and 23-26. The play is written by local resident June McCarty Clair.
- Spend Father's Day weekend at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park in Fishers, Indiana. If Dad wants to learn to throw a tomahawk or enlist with other Hoosiers to help fight Confederate soldiers in the new outdoor experience 1863 Civil War Journey: Raid on Indiana, he can receive $3 off regular admission June 18 and 19.
- Enjoy the first Jazz on the Monon concert of the season, featuring Heather Ramsey. Bring your chairs and enjoy this free family concert, Saturday 6 to 9 p.m. in the Carmel Arts and Design District, on the southwest corner of the Monon and Main Street. Additional concert dates this summer June 25, July 23 and 30, and August 6.
- Visit the Close Encounters art exhibit at the Birdie Gallery in Noblesville, Indiana, now through June 24.
- Enjoy a game night out on the town. Enjoy a game of miniature golf at Ben & Ari's or bowl the night away at Pinheads in Fishers, Indiana. Both are open late on Fridays and Saturdays.
- On Sunday, take dad to the Central Indiana Vintage Vehicles Father's Day Show in Forest Park. Leave the driving to the Indiana Transportation Museum and climb aboard the Dad's Day Train in downtown Noblesville for a short ride to the car show. Cost: $5 per person ages 2 and up.
- Get tickets to treat dad to Dixieland tunes at The Hedgehog Music Showcase in Arcadia, Indiana. The Sunday Father's Day Show features Sunset Stomp Jazz.
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at VisitHamiltonCounty.com.