If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Explore and buy pottery, jewelry, art, hats, paintings and more at the 6th annual Fishers Art in the Park, Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Fishers Town Hall. This year's event features 34 local artisans and their handcrafted treasures as well as seven live performances and a kids craft area.
2. Experience one of our 8 Great Towns favorite fall festivals at Country Fair. On Saturday and Sunday at Conner Prairie in Fishers, Indiana, enjoy tractor parades, fair food and friendly competitions. This year, you also can see modern-day inventions like robots and other cool projects at the Indy Mini Maker Faire. Cost: $14/adults; $13/seniors 65 +; $9/youth (ages 2-12). Free for members and youth under 2.
3. Tour historic homes during the 25th Annual Noblesville Home Tour, plus enjoy storytellers, an ice cream social, carriage rides and more, Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (rain or shine), in downtown Noblesville, Indiana. Cost: $12 or $10 in advance at select locations. Children 12 and under are free.
4. Enjoy one of the last summer outdoor concerts. Tad Robinson closes out the 2011 Jazz on the Square series, Friday, 7 to 9:30 p.m., on Historic Noblesville Square.
5. Bring out your lawn chairs, blankets and popcorn for movies under the stars. At Saxony in Fishers, Indiana, check out Shrek Forever After (PG) and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (PG-13). In Carmel, Alice in Wonderland, the Johnny Depp version, will be showing on the giant outdoor screen in Cool Creek Park. Cost: Free.
6. On Saturday, rock on with bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Three Days Grace, Seether, Bullet For My Valentine and Escape The Fate at the Rockstar Energy Drink UPROAR Festival at Verizon Wireless Music Center.
7. Bring the family out for an archeology tour and educational programming during Digging Through the Past, Building to the Future at Strawtown Koteewi Park in Noblesville, Saturday, 2 to 6 pm. Cost: Free.
8. Enter the competition or just join in the chili tasting at the Third Annual Indiana State Chili Championship at Red Bridge Park in Cicero, Indiana, on Saturday, noon to 3 p.m. Cost for tasting: $5. Free for kids 10 and under. *For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com.