If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
"Celebrate Presidents Day Weekend with President Benjamin Harrison in Sheridan, Indiana"
- Even though Thursday isn't technically the weekend, the Sheridan Boxley Lecture on February 17 is a great way to kick off your Presidents Day long weekend. Hear from President Benjamin Harrison, the 23rd President and the only one from Indiana, and his wife Caroline as they share local lore.
- Shop for toys, games, books and other fun items at the Kids Helping Kids Indoor Garage Sale, Saturday, February 19, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Forest Park Inn in Noblesville. Admission: $1. Proceeds fund scholarships for kids to attend parks programs.
- Fuel up for the day with a hearty breakfast at Bub's Cafe. See if you and your friends can devour The Big Stack, 12 scrumptious buttermilk pancakes.
- Big kids and little kids, get your game on at Laser Flash in Carmel. It's the largest laser tag center in central Indiana.
- Check out the new exhibits at the Museum of Miniature Houses and Other Collections also in Carmel. Discover miniature historical figures and vignettes, including revolutionary war figures, American Indians, Robert E. Lee, Lewis & Clark and Medieval fighting figures. Admission is $4 adults and $2 for children under 10.
- Go racing on Friday, February 18, at Net Heads. Using lightweight racecar simulators, you can choose from open wheel, touring or muscle cars on a variety of tracks. But go off the track and you will feel every bump with this realistic simulation! For ages 18 and up.
- Celebrate incredible kids with games, music and snacks at The Monon Community Center on Sunday, February 20, 1 - 2:30 p.m. Cost: $3 per child. You must register for this incredible event.
- If the kids don't have school on Monday, have fun at the Presidents' Glow Bowl at Pinheads in Fishers on Sunday, February 20, from 8 to 10 p.m.
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at VisitHamiltonCounty.com.