Enjoy the holiday weekend in Hamilton County! Whether you're visiting from out of town or are a resident, there's plenty to see and do. Splash in newly opened pools, shop local ‘til you drop, and take in some art and history too! Read on for those ideas and more. As always, our online calendar has even more things to do!
1. Freshen your home décor for the summer season with some shabby chic new furniture. The perfect stop is the Upscale Barn Sale today through Saturday at Prairie Guest House! There will be vintage finds, restored antique furniture and much more. For even more treasures, hunt at shops along the square in Noblesville like A Corner Cottage, Old Picket Fence and Logan Village Mall.
2. Take advantage of all that Conner Prairie has to offer for the holiday weekend! Make crafts at the Craft Corner and learn to load and fire a reproduction Civil War musket at Bang!. Take part in the May theme of "Invaders" and see the newest indoor exhibit TreeHouses: Look Who's Living in the Trees. On Memorial Day, all water play areas will be open for the season as well!
3. Speaking of slashing around, there are several places to do so in Hamilton County! Head to the Forest Park Aquatic Center that will be open all weekend including Memorial Day from noon-7pm. Float in the lazy river or surf on the FlowRider at The Waterpark at the Monon Community Center that opens Saturday and will also be open on Memorial Day from 11am- 7pm. Morse Beach provides a more natural setting and opens this Saturday as well and will be open on Memorial Day from 11am- 6pm.
4. Get your dose of art with Nickel Plate Arts this Saturday. View the exhibit on display, Artist Free For All Exhibit, from 10am- 5pm. Or sign the kiddos up for the Greeting Cards Galore Class from 2-4pm. But whatever you do, don't miss the first Umbrella Sale of the season! Artists will "pop-up" umbrellas and sell their artwork outside on the patio and you can "pop-in" to buy art.
5. Kick back and take in some live music. The Hedgehog Music Showcase will host a CD release concert for Diamond Hill Station Bluegrass on Memorial Day at 7pm. Louie's inside Pinheads will also have live music and a chance to take over the stage yourself during Karaoke!
6. Stock up on local goodies at the 3 area farmers markets that are now open for the season. New to the lineup this week is the Fishers Farmers Market that opens on Saturday from 8am- Noon. The Carmel Farmers Market and the Noblesville Farmers Market are both on Saturday morning as well.
7. Gather golf knowledge from our site and plan a great day of golfing in Hamilton County. Be sure to call and reserve tee times! Read some of our golf expert's blog posts to help plan your day or trip of golfing.
8. I scream, you scream we all scream for ice cream! Celebrate the unofficial start of summer with a sweet treat in Hamilton County. Grab a cone at Bub's, relax by Morse Reservoir with a treat from Alexander's on the Water, or get a decadent Handel Pop at Handel's in Carmel. For a full list of where to find treats, browse our sweet treats page.