My, my, May sure flew by here in Hamilton County! Welcoming June along with the warmer temperatures marks the start of many events: farmers markets, outdoor concerts, festivals and more. Read on for great weekend ideas and browse our online calendar of events for even more.
1. The start of outdoor concert season is upon us. See local bands light up stages across Hamilton County at events like the Noblesville Summer Concerts Series, Splash Attack! Concerts at the Waterpark, and Groovin' on the Green at Prairie View Golf Course that all begin this week. Even more community concerts will begin next week! Of course national acts will be rocking the stage at Klipsch Music Center during their 25th Anniversary season as well. See the lineup here.
2. Conner Prairie is hosting a fun event for craft beer and history lovers this Friday! History on Tap will feature local craft brews from Indiana, brewing demonstrations, historical beer tastings, and more. It's the perfect event for a group of friends, coworkers, or even date night.
3. Chocolate lovers, rejoice! Garden Thyme at the Old Schoolhouse is hosting their annual Chocolatefest this Saturday. This year they will not only be celebrating chocolate, but also their 10th year in business. Stop by for chocolate plants, chocolate colored shrubs and of course the kind of chocolate you eat too.
4. Gather ‘round for Sheridan's annual Fireside Tales event. This Saturday storytellers, magicians and musicians will delight picnicking crowds at Sheridan Community Park. In case of rain, the event will be moved inside.
5. If you're visiting Hamilton County this weekend, you should definitely visit at least one farmers market this Saturday. It will be well worth getting up a bit early to discover the local produce, baked goods and more that each market has to offer! The Carmel Farmers Market, Noblesville Farmers Market, and Fishers Farmers Market are all held on Saturday morning.
6. Dinner and a movie? Boring. How about dinner and a train ride? Hop aboard the Blue Arrow train that travels from Noblesville to Tipton and drops hungry passengers off for dinner before the return trip. Or choose the Jeffersonian train where passengers enjoy appetizers and drinks during their journey to dinner. Both trains run this Saturday.
7. If rainy weather makes outside too soggy, head inside for some fun and games. Head to Pinheads for bowling or try your hand at being a rock star during karaoke on Friday night. Or head to Ben & Ari's for classic arcade games and pizza. Laser Flash in Carmel also offers great indoor fun with arcade games and laser tag for kids and those who are a kid at heart.
8. Experience a one-man show at the Tarkington in Carmel this weekend. Internationally acclaimed performer Tomas Kubinek will delight audiences with his funny vaudeville-style show. Some tickets are still available for both the Saturday and Sunday shows.