From jousting to picking pumpkins to playing golf, this weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana has got a bit of everything! Fall festival season is in full swing, so get out and enjoy the crisp fall air and changing leaves. Read on for weekend getaway ideas and check our online calendar for even more fall fun.
1. First Friday in Noblesville this week will bring lots of fall fun! Sample soups from local businesses at the First Friday soup cook-off, see the latest exhibit at Nickel Plate Arts, and even take a caboose ride around the square.
2. See some very talented ladies take to the golf course this weekend. Friday and Saturday Prairie View Golf Club will host the 2014 IHSAA Girls Golf State Finals with top high school golfers from throughout the state. Inspired to get out your own clubs? Visit a Hamilton County course to play a round as the leaves change.
3. Come ye lords and ladies to ye olde Fishers Renaissance Faire! This fun festival leads guests back in time to the Golden Age of Queen Elizabeth I. The Saturday and Sunday schedule is packed with everything from jousting to live music. Huzzah!
4. The Grand Junction Derby is racing into downtown Westfield this Saturday. Homemade gravity-powered derby cars will battle it out in bracketed heats to crown a winner. Everyone is welcome to enjoy the after-race festivities including live music, food, and more.
5. One of the most beautiful spots in Hamilton County to catch the leaves changing is at Potter's Bridge in Noblesville. Visit the county's only remaining covered bridge for the annual Potter's Bridge Fall Festival this Saturday for a variety of arts and crafts booths and food in addition to the beautiful leaves!
6. Pick a pumpkin! Time to find the perfect pumpkin for that jack-o-lantern. Ride the Hamilton Harvest Train to a pumpkin patch or visit Russell Farms, Spencer Farm, or Stonycreek Farm for a traditional hayride to the patch.
7. The fall fun has only just begun at Conner Prairie! This weekend brings the Dance! Lenape Indian Traditions event where you can experience music and more from the Lenape tribe, an iPhone photo class where you can capture fall on the prairie, plus a series of workshops to learn traditional crafts. Don't forget to visit the Apple Store too for fall treats!
8. Want to try something new in Hamilton County? Whether you live here or like to visit, you can participate in our All-IN challenge in conjunction with Indiana Humanities. People from all over the state have participated to complete a scorecard of 16 challenges in 8 categories. Learn more about the challenges and how to enter to win prizes for completing them HERE.