First Friday celebrations, free concerts and movies, and lots of sales- all this weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana! Read below for those ideas and more to make your weekend getaway great. For even more weekend fun ideas, visit our online calendar that's always being updated with more to see and do.
2. While you're on the square, be sure to walk to Nickel Plate Arts to see the latest exhibit opening. The Anniversary Exhibit is filled with art from locals that celebrate the anniversary of Nickel Plate Arts!
3. See the 1,000th show at the Palladium for yourself! Martina McBride will be performing this Friday and her show will mark the 1,000th show performed on the stage there. Some tickets are still available, grab some at www.TheCenterPresents.org before they're gone.
4. Just outside of Hamilton County, the Tipton County Pork Festival is worth traveling north for. Take the train or caboose rides provided by the Indiana Transportation Museum to make your way to the delicious festivities.
5. Head to the Ambassador House in Fishers this Saturday for a special date night. The annual Harvest Wine Tasting includes music, gourmet hors d'oeuvres, and of course wine tasting. Pair all of that with the ambience of the historic home and gardens, and it'll be an evening you won't soon forget.
6. Sales, sales, sales! Freshen your wardrobe and home for fall with goodies acquired at special sales this weekend. This Saturday not only will retailers in the Carmel City Center be having sidewalk sales, but also fashion trucks will be parked in the area for even more shopping fun. If you're visiting Noblesville, take advantage of the First Friday sales at Old Picket Fence and Whimzy.
7. Catch a movie under the stars this weekend with family and friends. The Noblesville Summer Movie Series continues this Saturday with "Man of Steel" showing at Forest Park. On Friday, the Fishers Nickel Plate District Amphitheater will begin a movie series as well. Both are free!
8. Celebrate the heritage and importance of the White River with special events this month. See the latest exhibit at the Cool Creek Park Nature Center, "A River Runs Through Us" and experience river-related activities at Conner Prairie's "White River Part & Present." Later this month Noblesville will hold the White River Celebration too.
Bonus! Savor the last sounds of summer at Klipsch Music Center by entering to win tickets to see Toby Keith LIVE at Klipsch Music Center.