Calling all Scrooges and bah-humbugers! A trip to Hamilton County this weekend will surely wipe that frown from your face! Enjoy local holiday celebrations, art exhibits and sales, holiday performances and much more. This weekend is truly packed with things to do! Read on for great ideas and check our online calendar for even more. Also don't forget to watch for our 12 Days of Giveaways on Twitter for even more holiday cheer!
1. Head to Noblesville on Friday for lots of winter fun! Noblesville Square will be decked out for the Christmas on the Square event. Enjoy carolers, carriage rides, hot chocolate and more at this annual tradition. Also be sure to stop in to the new Nickel Plate Arts Campus just off the square for the opening of their new exhibit Settling In: Winter in Hamilton County. Admission is free and there will be refreshments and festive music as well! Nickel Plate Arts has many December events, be sure to stop in to see some cool local art and more.
2. Get into the spirit with a holiday theater production. Carmel Repertory Theater is presenting Scrooge: the Musical, Carmel Community Players are putting on a production of Joseph and Mary, and the Belfry Theater is hosting a comedy called My Three Angels. This is also the last weekend to catch a show of the Farndale Avenue Christmas Carol at the Westfield Playhouse. Pair any of these festive shows with dinner at a unique, locally owned Hamilton County restaurant for a great night out with your family or friends!
3. Santa is here in Hamilton County! Visit Santa on the Square in Noblesville and tell him all of your Christmas wishes on select days until December 23. If you're too shy to visit Jolly St. Nick himself, write him a letter and drop it in one of his mailboxes! Santa has convenient mailbox locations in Fishers and in Carmel. There are also several Breakfast with Santa events - St. Nick is a busy guy!
4. Take a drive to see dazzling holiday light displays. View the unique and local favorite Reynolds Farm Equipment annual light display near Fishers. Explore Noblesville's neighborhoods to find the Noblesville Preservation Alliance's 12 Houses of Christmas. Purchase a map for $1 from a designated store (including the Nickel Plate Arts Campus!), browse the light displays, then vote for your favorites! Also visit the festive downtown areas of our 8 Great Towns to see even more lights!
5. Pile into the car and head to Conner Prairie for their special holiday events and exhibits! Visit the sweet Gingerbread Village to see mini houses and other very creative gingerbread creations. Reserve your spot for an upcoming Conner Prairie by Candlelight that are held Fridays and Saturdays in December. Or experience a daytime winter romp through 1836 Prairietown as you enjoy the holidays the 1830s way at 1836 Daytime Outdoor Adventure.
6. Visit Carmel on Saturday for a festive afternoon filled with shopping, tours, and more. Saturday marks the second Saturday in December which means it's time for the monthly gallery walk, but this one has a special holiday twist! Gather for Holidays in the Arts and Design District where there will be tasty treats, carolers, and so much more! Also don't miss the annual Gingerbread Scavenger Hunt that runs until December 22 and the Candlelight Tour at the Museum of Miniature Houses and Other Collections on Saturday from 5-8pm.
7. Attend a holiday open house to find the perfect little something for those on your gift list! Attend the Fine Art Holiday Gifts open house at the Hamilton County Artist Association's Birdie Gallery. Many local art gifts will be available for under $100! Or visit the Holiday Open House at Main Street Shoppes in Westfield to find a one of a kind antique gift . Many vendors will have special discounts too.
8. Get your tickets now for holiday concerts! Noblesville Symphony Orchestra's Holiday Concert is tomorrow evening, and The Center for the Performing Arts is playing host to several holiday shows from symphonic choirs to theater performances.